[FT] Livingston 1 - 2 Rangers (Arfield 73; Tavernier 74)

31 minutes ago, Ted McMinnime said:

I wasn't able to see the game live but will catch it later on RTV. I did read an interesting piece today from the PQ Ginger Whinger. He also condemned Souttar's performance but in mitigation pointed out when Souttar agreed a pre contract with us, the assumption was he would replace Goldson on the left side. Goldson resigning changed that, so at the moment he is playing out of position on the right. The RTV analysis after the Spurs game did put that Souttar / Barasic combination under severe scrutiny. It appears the Sands / Barasic combination is a more stable option? Of course we also have Davis & Yilmaz to blend in as well of course.

Do you mean Souttar on the right hand side? Did he not play there for Hearts?

1 minute ago, the gunslinger said:

Some of our fans are very naïve 

It's not a coincidence it's known as vicTimhood.  

Scottish officials are incompetent and some of them are worth watching but kicking off about everything that doesn't go our way is bloody embarrassing and makes us look just like them.

Three points is the most important thing. Bigger game on Tuesday.

Two home league games now so hopefully two big wins. I believe its Easter Rd after that so maybe a big early test.

One game at a time and all that 

We went for food and a few drinks after the match so had our own post mortem which doesn't differ to what I've read on here.  Souttar needs time to settle in and we need to start with a much more positive set up.  Delighted with the 3 points.  On to Tuesday and a decent performance and result.

3 hours ago, BlackSocksRedTops said:

We won the game. Last season we drew certain games like that and ultimately let go of our league title. It's the first day of the season. 3pts is all that mattered. 

Really, which draws did you have in mind?

3 points is all that matters until the day that we fail to get 3 points.

On that day we will all agree that we could see it coming because our form had been poor for ages.

I don't think that Souttar needs time to settle in.

I think that both he and Goldson just had a bad day against a tricky opponent.

I'm pretty sure that this same fellow played at Ibrox last season and caused a few problems then too. I don't think he is particularly good but sometimes a big striker can just dominate his opponents.

2 hours ago, CammyF said:

Just watched Sportscene (I know) and no mention of the potential red card, no mention of the Rangers (wrongly) disallowed goal, but discussion on Livis disallowed goal...... Didn't take them long to revert to type. 

I know you are not surprised, nobody is!

36 minutes ago, ranger_syntax said:

Really, which draws did you have in mind?

3 points is all that matters until the day that we fail to get 3 points.

On that day we will all agree that we could see it coming because our form had been poor for ages.

The away draws to Aberdeen, Ross County spring to mind. Draws in these games essentially handed the momentum to Celtic going into a crucial OF game.