Who benefits most from inconsistent Scottish officials?

While cards are interesting, more interesting is the amount of goals the Yahoos score through/after dubious decisions, or, indeed, free-kicks and penalties denied to the opposition, even the most glaring ones. Methinks last season alone, they got away with almost 10 decisions that went their way before they got their act together, with clear penalties denied to the opposition or goals where scored by the Yahoos from offside positions. While you would not go as far as denying that we managed to throw away our lead over the course of a 3 or 4 week spell, they could easily have stood with 10 to 15 points less too.

Edited by der Berliner

Unconscious bias is real and when 4 of the top referees are all Celtic supporters or from Celtic supporting backgrounds and the likes of Frank Connor and Alan Mulvaney as linesman, the latter who is a big Celtic supporter from Blantyre. 

There seems to be this odd phenomena of Connor and Mulvaney running straight down the tunnel after the officiate Rangers games when normal protocol is to join the referee in the centre circle and be the last in.  There was a video going around youtube/twitter I cant find at the moment for Mulvaney a few instances of him doing this and in particular blanking Gerrard for a handshake.

Here is a video of Barisic talking to Collum and the other linesman after the game on Sunday.

I'm far from convinced the bias is all unconscious but if the refereeing authorities aren't proactively addressing the risk of subliminal bias then that is effectively cheating too. The bias is too consistent in terms of direction and magnitude for it to be anything other than cheating.

We do ourselves no favours by clinging to the fantasy that this is all just unfortunate incompetence. It might be easier than facing the hard reality of refereeing in Scotland but it just perpetuates the situation. Everything is rotten in Scotland these days and football is far too immersed in our tribalism for it not to be as bad as it gets.

Edited by Bill

I think the internet has had a part to play.  In the early 90s, the referees could largely avoid the malevolent, combined forces of yahoo vicTimhood and inTimidation outside of football grounds (other than the odd window smashing incident). 

Nowadays, they're like a plague of locusts, swarming all over anything they don't like.  You just need to look at any Rangers related article to see evidence of this.

One would hope Rangers are or have put together a dossier with statistics and specific incidents to hand to the SFA.  Having said that, I wouldn't expect much of a useful response, so what's the point!?

It's a bit depressing but I think we're stuck with it for the time being.  

4 hours ago, barca72 said:

I guess Borna has just given himself a target on his back as big as Alfie's now.
Give him until the 2nd or third minute before he is gone in the next game Collum referees our game.

Nobody messes with an angry Croat.