[FT] Rangers 4 (Lundstram 24'; Colak 39', 58'; Davis 80') - 0 Ross County

4 minutes ago, alexscottislegend said:

Not suggesting we drop him necessarily; Bassey was always capable of playing either position but I'm sure you'll agree he's better at LB. if he follows the Bassey route I'll be delighted.

You just said we "need to get Helander fit or prioritise a left central defender". If that's not suggesting Sands is dropped, or moved on completely, I don't know what is. 

Sands can play CB and RB, too; has done so for NY. 

What's your point?

3 minutes ago, Rousseau said:

You just said we "need to get Helander fit or prioritise a left central defender". If that's not suggesting Sands is dropped, or moved on completely, I don't know what is. 

Sands can play CB and RB, too; has done so for NY. 

What's your point?

That we need cover in that position to provide an alternative for him while we are patiently waiting for him to iron out his flaws. Davies might be the answer but there are rumours about his injury being serious. I would like us to sign Sands but he does seem to be a bit inconsistent - not surprising given his age.

1 minute ago, alexscottislegend said:

That we need cover in that position to provide an alternative for him while we are patiently waiting for him to iron out his flaws. Davies might be the answer but there are rumours about his injury being serious. I would like us to sign Sands but he does seem to be a bit inconsistent - not surprising given his age.

That's a more reasonable position to take.

I would still disagree with you, though. We've got Davies and King, who will play a lot, I think. And then we have Helander and Souttar, if they every regain fitness...

FFS! Sands was MotM against PSV Eindhoven, a team which would give every SPL team except Rangers a veritable doing. 

He had a sticky match yesterday, although at times the 'high line' employed meant that at times it seemed that he was the defence.

Whether his regular position will be centre back, or defensive midfielder, or even full back, remains to be seen

I am sure that GvB played midfield for Rangers, but left back for Arsenal and Barcelona, and captained Holland from that position. 

58 minutes ago, alexscottislegend said:

School Bus Train GIF