3 hours ago, Bill said:

What does it matter whether or not I trust the Board? Do you think I have the power to remove them or dictate policy?

What I think is they are the directors and have the authority and fiduciary duty to decide how the club is run. I think they have done very well so far and have made enormous strides forward. They are clearly competent people but they operate in a world where external forces can change the game overnight and where the dreaded human factor makes accurate planning almost impossible. 

The biggest problem the Board faces is the unrealistic expectation of the support. It's one thing to want something but quite another to think you've achieved your goals when you're still actually scratching the surface. The directors are not miracle workers but they've shown enough to convince me they are likely to create a far more secure and successful club in 3 to 5 years from now (my estimate only). If fans can't accept that timeframe then they need to realise they're could jeopardise the entire project.

The board need to improve communications with the support.

Given recent history, much of the support would understand or take it into consideration, if told that finances were still a major challenge and although strides had been made, we hadn't yet reached a completely secure place. 

What has happened is that in most communications that have touched upon finance or something connected, have been bullish messages of everything is fine and dandy. This creates a general impression that isn't quite realistic and false expectation at transfer windows.

Example

Message We've sorted Sports Direct out, no problems anymore

Reality : We have fcuked up against someone who knows what he is doing and it won't be inexpensive to find a way out of this

Whilst a business obviously won't disclose too much detail, it shouldn't make a rod for it's own back either.

Edited by buster.

3 hours ago, CammyF said:

Is it unrealistic to have a ticketing system that works and is fit for purpose? 

Iirc it will be another 2 seasons before that is in place.

Is it unrealistic to question ticketing prices?

If we want to dine at the top table then we have to pay top table prices in saying that more could be done in helping to spread the cost given the times we find ourselves in.

Is it unrealistic that our disabled fans struggle with access to stadium and are housed at front of West Enclosure open to all elements?

I'm content in the belief that this Board is serious in its intent to address this long term scandal. The irony is that it's not a fault of their own making, blame for this lays at David Murray's door. Murray probably uses a wheelchair every single day yet I have only ever seen 2 photos of him in one. One of which was while he was still in the hospital after his accident.

Is it unrealistic to expect catering a Inbrox that is fit for purpose and priced realistically? 

No and I imagine we'll see no great improvements in that area until the concourses are refurbished and modernised. I've yet to attend Ibrox since the change in caterers so don't personally know if the new crowd are better than Elior, most reports seem to indicate that while not without teething troubles the food itself is better.

Is it unrealistic to ask for a short, medium and long term business plan to be published?

It probably is unrealistic for anything more than a basic outline which I'm sure the Club will argue the provide in the annual company report and AGM.

Is it unrealistic to expect the board to ensure we are treated equally? 

If that's in respect the the refereeing/SFA/SPFL etc then yes they should be a lot more vocal and public in their condemnation.

Is it unrealistic to ask the board questions and hold them accountable if things go wrong? 

No it's absolutely vital that we do, if history has taught us anything it's that.

Don't think I'm asking for anything unrealistic. I've stated IMO that the board have prioritised Europe due to the financial rewards, that's fine but by doing so they must realise questions will be asked about our domestic demise. 

My opinion which I am entitled to and doesn't make me any less of a fan or mean I'm jeopardising anything, quite the opposite. This board are NOT what is required to take us forward and the unanswered questions above are proof if it is required that they are neglecting their duties. 

The current Board won't cause me any sleepless nights, they get it, they know what it's about and they've put in their own money.

Better the devil you know.

13 minutes ago, CammyF said:

And SG still in the managers seat.

If, but and maybe content warning !!

Maybe another season, who knows....... He was always going South when a decent offer came up post league win. Just maybe, with the right recruitment he would have committed for another full season.

3 minutes ago, CammyF said:

Good responses but I take issue with "better the devil you know". Plenty said same when Murray was in charge....! 

I'd very much agree with the better the devil you know line.

They are the right people.

It isn't easy.

They could do it better.

2 minutes ago, buster. said:

The board need to improve communications with the support.

Given recent history, much of the support would understand or take it into consideration, if told that finances were still a major challenge and although strides had been made, we hadn't yet reached a completely secure place. 

What has happened is that in most communications that have touched upon finance or something connected, have been bullish messages of everything is fine and dandy. This creates a general impression that isn't quite realistic and false expectation at transfer windows.

Example

Message We've sorted Sports Direct out, no problems anymore

Reality : We have fcuked up against someone who knows what he is doing and it won't be inexpensive to find a way out of this

Whilst a business obviously won't disclose too much detail, it shouldn't make a rod for it's own back either.

I can't argue with a word of that, there's clearly a big problem with communication. No better example perhaps that the debacle over the Sydney Super Cup. For whatever reason it's clear the board don't trust the support enough to share what the support want to know. Few boards of directors do.

My view regarding the Board isn't that they're perfect or have done a great job in every respect - that kind of board probably doesn't exist. It's that they have still done a decent job overall and actually brought us forward when few others would have been willing to bankroll us through the initial years. Dismissing them as complete failures is as daft as saying they've been universally successful. The board isn't perfect but it's the board we've got and that isn't changing any time soon.

One of the biggest issues with our progress is the general believe that's emerged in recent times that "we're back" and everything is hunky dory, leading to unrealistic expectations. As a team and as a club, I think we still have a long way to go. Whether it's the requirements of the FFP system or the payoff to Ashley, stadium improvements, NEH, player recruitment, etc. our finances are far from secure yet. Simply listing all the things that need improved doesn't change that. Personally I think another 3 to 5 years at no less than current income levels will be necessary to deliver the team on the park we all want.

6 minutes ago, forlanssister said:

If anything what happened next surely validates the maxim 🤔

5 minutes ago, buster. said:

I'd very much agree with the better the devil you know line.

They are the right people.

It isn't easy.

They could do it better.

Look I'm perfectly OK with people supporting the current board and I admit they have done a decent job. However, I don't believe they are the correct board to take us forward. 

That is not being disrespectful to what they have achieved, just that ai don't believe Parks and Robertson can deliver what's best for Rangers. 

I might be in the minority of 1 in that opinion, but it's my opinion and one I'll defend. 

1 minute ago, CammyF said:

Look I'm perfectly OK with people supporting the current board and I admit they have done a decent job. However, I don't believe they are the correct board to take us forward. 

That is not being disrespectful to what they have achieved, just that ai don't believe Parks and Robertson can deliver what's best for Rangers. 

I might be in the minority of 1 in that opinion, but it's my opinion and one I'll defend. 

It's not so much a case of supporting the current board, merely trying to take a realistic view of the challenges they face and what they've achieved so far. Some of the tribal black-and-white stuff posted recently is neither appropriate nor helpful in any sense. 

1 minute ago, CammyF said:

Changing executive directors should always be a consideration.

You see what can happen (eg. SPFL/Doncaster) if you don't.

Gets too comfortable, doesn't deliver but gets high pay increases.

Without knowing the fine detail around Robertson and what he delivers.....

Like many, I feel we might benefit more with better/stronger leadership from a CEO type figure rather than MD. Downside, it may cost an extra 0.5M pa.