3 hours ago, CammyF said:

I completely understand the challenges they face, don't think there is anyone on here who doesn't

Fascinating. Do you use clairvoyance or bugging board meetings

Havent read the full thread yet to get an idea of the overall opinion but I would say Gersnet over the years has always been more reserved and not so much knee jerk reactions.

Gio seems a bit of a tactical genius in the Europa league but there is a pattern being created domestically of not changing it. On Saturday after 15 minutes I was screaming he needs to make at least one sub else it would be 3-0 by half time but he tried to ride the storm hoping we would come in the game. Its been seen many a time by the likes of Mourinho that he doesnt care how many minutes have gone in a game, if a change is needed then do it for tactical reasons at a minimum.

FWIW I originally would have very slightly preferred Gattuso with his mass passion but overall thought Gio could perhaps be better for long term building - and it hasnt been one year yet so its to early to make a change now for me.

41 minutes ago, Gribz said:

Havent read the full thread yet to get an idea of the overall opinion but I would say Gersnet over the years has always been more reserved and not so much knee jerk reactions.

Gio seems a bit of a tactical genius in the Europa league but there is a pattern being created domestically of not changing it. On Saturday after 15 minutes I was screaming he needs to make at least one sub else it would be 3-0 by half time but he tried to ride the storm hoping we would come in the game. Its been seen many a time by the likes of Mourinho that he doesnt care how many minutes have gone in a game, if a change is needed then do it for tactical reasons at a minimum.

FWIW I originally would have very slightly preferred Gattuso with his mass passion but overall thought Gio could perhaps be better for long term building - and it hasnt been one year yet so its to early to make a change now for me.

I'd agree that it would probably be unreasonable, costly and generally seen as kneejerk to axe GVB just now.

On the other hand, speculative argument, but how long do you give something that is (or appears) destined to fail.

4 minutes ago, Rousseau said:

Even with backing he still takes the Villa job, IMO.

I was wanting him gone anyway; we were stale. 

Very possibly.

But if things had been done differently, he would have left us in better shape.

Building upon and freshening up a title winning side isn't rocket science.

It is going to be more costly not to have done so.

Edited by buster.

12 hours ago, Bill said:

Fascinating. Do you use clairvoyance or bugging board meetings

Sarcasm and lowest form of wit and all that and once again you completely ignore the points raised

Maybe Darius leaked them to me....

Edited by CammyF

1 hour ago, Rousseau said:

Even with backing he still takes the Villa job, IMO.

I was wanting him gone anyway; we were stale. 

So do you want Gio gone as we are as stale this Aug as we were last (domestically  anyway).

GvB deserves to see out the CL groups.  

I agree with gunslinger though, if we go out of Europe and our domestic form doesn't improve, it might be time to look at alternatives.  

Our away form in 2022 has been nothing short of a disgrace.