16 minutes ago, CammyF said:

So who decides who's opinion is most valid? You? Me? 

No response to my "valid" points - seems a trait of yours to be honest

Your points have no relevance to the topic of the thread.

It comes across like you're upset at a defeat and are dredging up any grievance to stick the knife in - same with the RSA tweet, for me.

Your points are valid, but maybe open another thread?

5 minutes ago, Rousseau said:

Your points have no relevance to the topic of the thread.

It comes across like you're upset at a defeat and are dredging up any grievance to stick the knife in - same with the RSA tweet, for me.

Your points are valid, but maybe open another thread?

I was asked why I don't fancy this board and I responded then was told my opinion may not be valid. 

I don't have a grievance I listed legitimate unresolved issues that sit with the current board.

Many topics stray, feels strange to be pulled up on this one to be honest

5 minutes ago, CammyF said:

I was asked why I don't fancy this board and I responded then was told my opinion may not be valid. 

I don't have a grievance I listed legitimate unresolved issues that sit with the current board.

Many topics stray, feels strange to be pulled up on this one to be honest

Yes, threads do stray. I thought I'd try and shift it back on topic, but that's a lost cause now, I suspect. 

I thought you were the first to bring up off-field issues? Apologies if not. 

Valid points, but nothing to do with the thread. 

It's a bit of a pet peeve of mine, to be honest: bringing off-field issues into the criticism of on-field performances. 

Taken from another board

Johan Brinkel who is a feyenoord podder spoke to fan media when Gio was appointed. Think it was the same guy that spoke to both Heart & Hand and also thr Rangers Review.

Some comments of his below:

He was our coach for four years, in those four years I only remember that he played a different system once.

“That was in the Champions League when we were facing Manchester City that he decided to play five defenders instead of four but it didn’t help because we lost 4-0.

“I don’t recall any other games that he was playing a different system. He really likes to play a 4-3-3.

When we talk about van Bronckhorst we always say ‘The Horseshoe’ because what he always did, that irritated fans so badly, was the left-back played it to the centre back, the centre back played it to the other centre back and the centre back played it to the right back and then the other way around so it was quite predictable.

“Teams figured out if you basically stopped our midfielders from being part of the game, Feyenoord doesn’t know what to do. Even though we had better teams from 2017 onwards, we didn’t become champions anymore, we didn’t play a role in the championship whatsoever. We won the cup in 2018 but the best season was the 2016-17 season when we became champions.

We sold a couple of guys and the guys we got in weren’t that good so the money we spent was not well spent. They basically stopped developing and got worse so he never replicated that fantastic magic season in 2017.
"

“I think most of the fans were quite happy when he left.

“Four years in football is a long time so we do like the fact that he wasn’t fired, he left through the front door.

“Everybody said, ‘Ok, we respect you, so let’s finish this together’, even though, especially in his last season the football was terrible and the performances weren’t good."

2 minutes ago, CammyF said:

Taken from another board

Johan Brinkel who is a feyenoord podder spoke to fan media when Gio was appointed. Think it was the same guy that spoke to both Heart & Hand and also thr Rangers Review.

Some comments of his below:

He was our coach for four years, in those four years I only remember that he played a different system once.

“That was in the Champions League when we were facing Manchester City that he decided to play five defenders instead of four but it didn’t help because we lost 4-0.

“I don’t recall any other games that he was playing a different system. He really likes to play a 4-3-3.

When we talk about van Bronckhorst we always say ‘The Horseshoe’ because what he always did, that irritated fans so badly, was the left-back played it to the centre back, the centre back played it to the other centre back and the centre back played it to the right back and then the other way around so it was quite predictable.

“Teams figured out if you basically stopped our midfielders from being part of the game, Feyenoord doesn’t know what to do. Even though we had better teams from 2017 onwards, we didn’t become champions anymore, we didn’t play a role in the championship whatsoever. We won the cup in 2018 but the best season was the 2016-17 season when we became champions.

We sold a couple of guys and the guys we got in weren’t that good so the money we spent was not well spent. They basically stopped developing and got worse so he never replicated that fantastic magic season in 2017.
"

“I think most of the fans were quite happy when he left.

“Four years in football is a long time so we do like the fact that he wasn’t fired, he left through the front door.

“Everybody said, ‘Ok, we respect you, so let’s finish this together’, even though, especially in his last season the football was terrible and the performances weren’t good."

Damn... 

That was my fear when he was appointed, but I got caught up in the excitement.

6 minutes ago, CammyF said:

OK back on topic - GVB not going anywhere soon getting to CL group stages has gotten him to end of season unless some goes even more spectacularly wrong than it did yesterday (like not finishing 2nd.....)

Probably, but if we drop a lot of points, I think his position will be untenable.

14 minutes ago, Rousseau said:

Damn... 

That was my fear when he was appointed, but I got caught up in the excitement.

So was I but the game that changed my opinion was widweek away to St Johnstone last season.

We won the game 1-0 with Kamara scoring early. Set the game up for us to go and get an easy victory. Instead we retreated and allowed Sj Johnstone to attack at will and we were lucky to win the game.

IIRC GVB didn't bring on any subs even though 3 or 4 of our players were clearly struggling including Alfie who ended up out longterm bot long after that. 

The game was turgid and performance was woeful.

Edited by CammyF

Domestically, we're a predictable side.  We play too cautiously.

I don't understand this managerial approach where they just have one way of playing.  Warburton and Gerrard both did it.  GvB seems a bit more flexible but not much.

If something isn't working, change it.