34 minutes ago, der Berliner said:

IMHO, Gio is very safe.

While I have my doubts about tactics and the like, we did quite well so far this season, bar the Gollum-show at Easter Road and yesterday. If Old Firm games are a benchmark of managers, we and them would rotate them quicker than a Gatling gun.

They are on form - hopefully until Real puts them back into place, while we suffer from a string of absentees, namely Helander, Davies, Hagi, Lawrence and Roofe, who would all challenge for starting places. It was match day 6 and no-one has won anything yet. It`s not like we haven`t seen similar before, only that back in the Sir Walter years, we`d probably be out of Europe by now.

Gio has managed one big milestone of the season already, reaching the CL group phase. Now he needs to weed out that similar complacency that saw us falling away after 55 was secured and get certain players out of their comfort zone. 

Real putting them in their place doesn't help us as no-one domestically can put them in their place, certainly not us going by yesterday's capitulation 

2 minutes ago, Sutton_blows_goats said:

Not sure what you expect him to say about it to be honest. It’ll just be something about trying to improve or some similar soundbite

At least the question / issue would have been raised. 

Not getting at fan media but it seems its designed to give manager an easy ride. 

If they can't or won't raise these questions and issues, what's the point of paying top dollar to sit and not ask the relevant questions fans want answers to? 

33 minutes ago, BlackSocksRedTops said:

The league is over. This is not based on yesterday but the fact that our overall away record is piss poor. We've backed ourselves into a corner which means we simply cannot afford to drop points. Can anyone see this team going on a 15 20 match winning streak? Last season and our form this season suggest otherwise.

The League is already gone because of three main reasons.

1. 5 point lead plus GD

2. They have our number in OF league matches and we don't have the squad/mgmt. to turn that round in short term.

3. Speed, tempo, goalscorers all over the pitch, energy, motivation, belief, direction.

They have it in spades (we don't) and provincial teams look to mitigate damage. Against us, they know they have a chance.

Our runs of league wins rarely go beyond 4. They tend to do 7/8.

Edited by buster.

GvB's future in doubt? What lunacy is this ffs? Whether it's what you want or not, the simple fact is he's not going anywhere. Nor should he at this time.

As for the FFP issue, since we've run at a loss for so many years and I think it's calculated over a period of 5 years or so, our outgoings have naturally been a more significant part of our income than many other clubs. It's call rebuilding a basket case club. It also means that financial prudence has to continue until current levels of income start to dominate the equation. Like our manager, this is a reality people need to get into their heads. Even panty wetters.

I keep saying it, our rebuild isn't over. We have a considerable journey still ahead of us before we can be the club everyone wants us to be and the road we travel is far from smooth.

10 minutes ago, Bill said:

GvB's future in doubt? What lunacy is this ffs? Whether it's what you want or not, the simple fact is he's not going anywhere. Nor should he at this time.

As for the FFP issue, since we've run at a loss for so many years and I think it's calculated over a period of 5 years or so, our outgoings have naturally been a more significant part of our income than many other clubs. It's call rebuilding a basket case club. It also means that financial prudence has to continue until current levels of income start to dominate the equation. Like our manager, this is a reality people need to get into their heads. Even panty wetters.

I keep saying it, our rebuild isn't over. We have a considerable journey still ahead of us before we can be the club everyone wants us to be and the road we travel is far from smooth.

Good post but serious question, do you trust this board to get us to end of our journey and how long will it / should it take us? 

When will the journey be complete? For me there should be no end to the journey but certain aspects of our club does seem to have stalled since Gio arrived (maybe a coincidence).

Edited by CammyF

43 minutes ago, buster. said:

The League is already gone because of three main reasons.

2. They have our number in OF league matches and we don't have the squad/mgmt. to turn that round in short term.

We don't play them again until January, which is a full four months away.  

Our squad and management can definitely turn things around and beat them at Ibrox - to suggest otherwise is raising the white flag after a handful of matches.  

6 minutes ago, CammyF said:

For me there should be no end to the journey but it does seem to have stalled since Gio arrived

Getting to the EL final and qualifying for the CL have been hugely beneficial to the club's finances and GvB was the manager for both.

I'm not excusing our crap domestic record but...

1 minute ago, Gonzo79 said:

Getting to the EL final and qualifying for the CL have been hugely beneficial to the club's finances and GvB was the manager for both.

I'm not excusing our crap domestic record but...

Agreed, but maybe its romantic nostalgia but under SG we seemed to get better every season, we had players who had sell-on values etc.

On the European stage, there is little to criticise GVB on - the EL final was disappointing but on ballance we probably deserved to lose on the night, but it was a great effort and different from the loss to Zenit, which made it harder to accept. 

Off the field, we have neglected so many issues (catering, ticketing, disabled access, customer service), it just seems things are stalling a little.