2 hours ago, Malangsob said:

But my points remain--still two points out and in both domestic cup races.

CL groups achieved on top of that.

His job is, and should be in no danger at this juncture. 

Now, that could easily change over the coming weeks...but that is management in general.

Couldn’t agree more.

since returning to the premiership in 2016 we’ve won one title & one SC.

That’s simply not good enough.

Domestic success is what we need now.

If our domestic form starts to deteriorate then yes the manager’s future maybe called into question. But not at the moment 

9 minutes ago, RANGERRAB said:

If our domestic form starts to deteriorate then yes the manager’s future maybe called into question.

Our away form is shite and we haven't beat Celtc over 90 minutes once.  

GvB has a chance to get things back on track before the WC.  Only time will tell...

9 hours ago, forlanssister said:

Whatever the problem is he ain't the solution.

It was a joke, he is pretty much the last person I'd want anywhere near Auchenhowie.

Back in the day on FF and we are talking about a decade ago, I remember saying that we'll know the game is a complete bogey when Ferguson comes back as manager.

Hopefully, his managerial level has already been exposed and we never consider going there.

Keith Jackson (DR) may drop his name into the media mix next time it comes around but that will be as far as it gets, whilst the current board are in charge. 

12 hours ago, CammyF said:

But who takes his place? What decent manager would come to us knowing they will have no transfer budget to revive the squad, current boardroom changes and uncertainty? 

Where are we getting the money to pay-off Gio and has backroom staff?  Or to pay compensation for a new manager and his staff? Or are we limiting ourselves to people currently out of work? 

Kjetil Knutsen is the obvious target.

I would expect Ross WIlson to have a permanent shortlist that is continuously updated.   

Adi Hutter is still without a job.

Pedro Martins' move to Hull fell through, after recently leaving Olympiacos (he won a lot with them).

Bielsa is still without a job.

Villas-boas is without a club. 

Joachim Low... 

Ok - some of these are (highly) unlikely, but with just a quick search I can find several exciting names. Your Ferguson's and Thomson's should really be nowhere near our manager position. 

9 minutes ago, Sutton_blows_goats said:

I genuinely don't think we are an attractive option and our profile will be younger guys like Gerrard needing a chance or older guys like Warnock.

Possibly.

I don't want dinosaurs like Warnock - that's a huge 'NO', for me - but younger guys is fine, as long as they have an ability to implement a certain style. Salzburg can appoint youngster after youngster (Marco Rose, Jesse Marsch, Thomas Jaissle all come through their academy) because they are able to implement a certain style. 

We should also be able to attract managers from smaller leagues, like Knutsen - unless his status is higher now after their European exploits. I know our finances are limited, but they're still higher than many clubs. 

Just now, Rousseau said:

Possibly.

I don't want dinosaurs like Warnock - that's a huge 'no' for me - but younger guys is fine, as long as they have an ability to implement a certain style. 

We should also be able to attract managers from smaller leagues, like Knutsen - unless his status is higher now after their European exploits. I know our finances are limited, but they're still higher than many clubs. 

I agree, but RE Knutsen i no longer think the SPFL or Rangers is the 'step up' that these guys are looking for. He would be better off going to Holland, Belgium or even Denmark(FCK or Midtjylland) or Greece (Olympiakos only).

3 minutes ago, Sutton_blows_goats said:

I agree, but RE Knutsen i no longer think the SPFL or Rangers is the 'step up' that these guys are looking for. He would be better off going to Holland, Belgium or even Denmark(FCK or Midtjylland) or Greece (Olympiakos only).

Possibly. 

But I think we're in the mix, financially - outside the top teams (Brugge and the big three in the Netherlands) in those leagues. 

And, we have the added bonus of having a better pathway into England.