If we're supposedly going for the likes of Henderson, Kelly & McKay (I know, not exciting), I wonder if they now recognise a need for Scottish players, who gets what's needed to play for one of the big two and not give up at the first sign of a battle. 

7 minutes ago, Dragosani said:

If we're supposedly going for the likes of Henderson, Kelly & McKay (I know, not exciting), I wonder if they now recognise a need for Scottish players, who gets what's needed to play for one of the big two and not give up at the first sign of a battle. 

Not averse to McKay but that three options are lazy options. Kelly nowhere good enough if that's who we are seriously looking at for No1 then we're f*&ked.

4 hours ago, WorthingBear91 said:

If these figures are true(the Rangers ones) then our DoF has a lot of questions to answer. Too many older players with no sell on value earning too much money. Giving players in their thirties 4 year deals makes no sense

4 minutes ago, RANGERRAB said:

If these figures are true(the Rangers ones) then our DoF has a lot of questions to answer. Too many older players with no sell on value earning too much money. Giving players in their thirties 4 year deals makes no sense

You really have an axe to grind against Ross Wilson - or, I suspect, a DoF in general. 

Who got a 4-year deal in their 30's?

It's entirely normal for older or longer serving players to have the largest salaries. 

The only one that really annoys me is Matondo (if it's true). It's ridiculous to give a young, untested player that much. 

11 minutes ago, Rousseau said:

You really have an axe to grind against Ross Wilson - or, I suspect, a DoF in general. 

Who got a 4-year deal in their 30's?

It's entirely normal for older or longer serving players to have the largest salaries. 

The only one that really annoys me is Matondo (if it's true). It's ridiculous to give a young, untested player that much. 

Tavernier & Goldson have got new 4 year deals as far as I know. Both in their 30’s now. 
The DoF(at any club) has to take his share of responsibility & not be seen to be hiding be the manager  as ours appears to be doing at present. Wilson has to take his share of the blame for the poor recruitment in the last 2 transfer windows. I’m genuinely stunned if Matondo  is on £28k p.w. as well as all the other mistakes.

58 minutes ago, RANGERRAB said:

Tavernier & Goldson have got new 4 year deals as far as I know. Both in their 30’s now. 
The DoF(at any club) has to take his share of responsibility & not be seen to be hiding be the manager  as ours appears to be doing at present. Wilson has to take his share of the blame for the poor recruitment in the last 2 transfer windows. I’m genuinely stunned if Matondo  is on £28k p.w. as well as all the other mistakes.

I don't think 4-year deals for Tavernier and Goldson are bad. They are both stalwarts, who have barely turned 30 - Goldson is 29 I think? - which is not old for defenders.

He does indeed, but you need to attempt to be objective in your judgement. 

Yes, it seems silly.