1 minute ago, CammyF said:

Not the point- Zagreb showed you don't need 100s of millions to compete. 

Having 100s of millions is not doing Liverpool any favours tonight either 

Maybe Klopp not the wonder manager he’s made out to be. Domestically not great in 7 years 

Just now, weebluedevil said:

Ask yourself that. Competing is about fighting together, creating chances for each other , taking shots - it's not all about the final score. How many clubs have hundreds of millions to spend? If clubs without that level of spending cannot compete, the CL would be dead. Again, competing doesn't mean winning the CL. 

Yip, spot on. We didn't have 100s of millions last season and competed very well against teams with a far superior budgets than us. 

3 minutes ago, Uilleam said:

I agree. 

But what did Chelsea do?

Chelsea are expected to win the CL, we aren't - comparing apples with oranges. 

GVB will live of die by his domestic results not his CL results. 

4 minutes ago, weebluedevil said:

Ask yourself that. Competing is about fighting together, creating chances for each other , taking shots - it's not all about the final score. How many clubs have hundreds of millions to spend? If clubs without that level of spending cannot compete, the CL would be dead. Again, competing doesn't mean winning the CL. 

Agree. I’d said in a post at HT that the team selection & tactics were as if we were playing Motherwell or someone in the SPFL 

Just now, CammyF said:

Chelsea are expected to win the CL, we aren't - comparing apples with oranges. 

GVB will live of die by his domestic results not his CL results. 

And his domestic results are...

shite, and he is living off his Euro results last season

9 minutes ago, PoohBear said:

Just that I don't think he's lost the dressing room in the space of a couple of games. I think his tactics are just shit sometimes and he fails to motivate the players.

Fair enough.  I think the players are a bit sick of his shit tactics, so we're partly in agreement.