Part of the reason I think we did well in Europe is that Gio has the team playing inconsistently. With two legs it meant that we could lose a game where we don't even turn up, but then blow the opposition away in the next leg. Obviously didn't go our way in the final.

1 minute ago, buster. said:

A new manager might have a bounce but it wouldn't last. The problems run deeper.

I disagree. 

I think the squad is, on the whole, fine - albeit lacking in certain areas, certainly. 

The problem, for me, is the tactical approach. 

3 minutes ago, Rousseau said:

I disagree. 

I think the squad is, on the whole, fine - albeit lacking in certain areas, certainly. 

The problem, for me, is the tactical approach. 

If you can't see the problems our squad has, you shouldn't be allowed anywhere near tactics.

😄

I was happy Gio was brought in and despite his somewhat conservative outlook, felt he could adapt that to help us in Europe but be more adventurous domestically. 

For whatever reason - coaching, player attitude, squad changes, poor transfers, injuries - that hasn't (yet) happened.  It might still but he's doing it the hard way and I'm becoming increasingly unconvinced.

That's bad enough without an obvious candidate for replacing him. Would Kjetil Knutsen be a bold appointment or a Caixinha gamble? Would Dyche offer stability but boredom? Could Kevin Thomson really make the step from Kelty to Clydeside?  None of these names enthuse me...