Champions League 2023/24

1 hour ago, Bill said:

I don't understand why so many get so worked up about English clubs

I suppose it reminds some of us when we watch the good teams it reminds us of the way football should be played simple passing and good all round entertainment as opposed to our huff and puff stuff and perspiration rather than inspiration 

2 minutes ago, compo said:

I suppose it reminds some of us when we watch the good teams it reminds us of the way football should be played simple passing and good all round entertainment as opposed to our huff and puff stuff and perspiration rather than inspiration 

Agreed. I like a Shaw/Shearer style of tackle though. And a rummle them up centre forward.

6 minutes ago, Scott7 said:

Agreed. I like a Shaw/Shearer style of tackle though. And a rummle them up centre forward.

Like Andy Lochhead who would have made Andy Gray look like a woos 

19 hours ago, BlackSocksRedTops said:

I get the money argument (to a point...) but 8 EPL teams spent more than Man City this season and won nothing. Regardless of how much you spend, you still need a real manager to harness a teams talents. Look at Chelsea this season. 

No, lets not!! 

4 hours ago, Scott7 said:

Tough tackling Doug Rougvie. I saw him chin John Fashanu and knocked him over at the Bridge and also saw him smack Dave Beasant and headbutt Carlton Fairweather both against Wimbledon in the first few minutes of a game and got sent off :) 

10 hours ago, Whosthedado said:

I was on the sauce last night mate. Dont even remember posting it :D Wanted City to win though

I can relate.  

Edited by Gonzo79

• 3 months later...

It’s off and running again Newcastle a decent draw at Milan City in comeback mode to beat Red Star Barca firing five against Antwerp and the hooped horrors continuing the Scottish tradition of getting gubbed 

Watched the Milan v Newcastle game and was bemused after it as to how Southgate won't give Tomori a chance? 

Plays week in week out at the top end of a top league as well as playing european/ucl football every season and doing it well. He has actually won a league title as well. He needs to get his head out of his arse man.

Wouldn't blame him if he switches to Canada or Nigeria, both have good chances at playing at world cups with the talent they're producing. Go and be their starting CB for the next decade.

Rant over. It'll fall on deaf ears as most on here will be Scottish haha.