[FT] Hearts 0 - 4 Rangers (Colak 6, 30; Morelos 76; Kent 90+1)

After another 2 weeks lost to dreary international football it's going to be very interesting to see the team selection and whether it reflects several weeks of fairly intense criticism of management and players. GvB's presser tomorrow is going to be interesting

Regardless, I'm struck again by the completely different sense of anticipation for a Rangers game compared with Scotland matches I never even watched.

10 hours ago, Bill said:

Regardless, I'm struck again by the completely different sense of anticipation for a Rangers game compared with Scotland matches I never even watched.

Did you need to bring your constant downer on all things Scotland into a HvR thread ? There not being a Gersnet thread on any of the Scotland NL games said enough.

It is like a Plastic Paddy in reverse........Why don't you Leave Home ?  😄

Interesting game on Saturday and very difficult to get a read on how it will go.

Subject to starting line up, my gut says we'll get a bounce of sorts and we'll do enough to go top by FT.

Hearts are putting together a reasonable squad that in part are already settled in (opposed to Hibs and Aberdeen/mostly new players), but have been badly affected by injury. Life with European group stage football and International call ups is something they are having to get used to and that away win in Latvia will have given them a surge of confidence on th back of a slump.

Performance wise, it can only get better because if it doesn't, we'll probably be in third place come FT. Pressure is on GvB but will the players decide to perform prior to Liverpool ?

Looking at the next four games....

Hearts (A)

Liverpool (A)

St.Mirren (H)

Liverpool (H)

Not unlike the negative run we had recently

Gio can't afford a repeat.

The Liverpool games aren't likely to yield much but we need to perform.

It is the game in Edinburgh that will set the tone.

Edited by buster.

2 hours ago, buster. said:

The Liverpool games aren't likely to yield much but we need to perform.

Mad to think we would get around 2.5 million euro prize money for beating Liverpool and £3.3 million for winning the SPFL.

That being said I'd prefer we took full points from our domestic fixtures ahead of Liverpool.

Edited by Sutton_blows_goats

1 minute ago, Sutton_blows_goats said:

Mad to think we would get around 2.5 million euro prize money for beating Liverpool and £3.3 million for winning the SPFL.

That being said I'd prefer we took full points from our domestic fixtures ahead of Liverpool.

It simply lays bare what is a stark financial reality.

Agree regards domestic priority although not sure the players see it the same way, it has tended to be the reverse.

Football is all about the pursuit of revenue these days. Whoring it in the CL group stage is the dream.

Celtics loss to St Mirren gives us a chance to go into the world cup break in a relatively good position at worst. 

That is if the players and management really want it. 

We have largely had a rest and we have improving injury situations hopefully. 

Tomorrow is a big test of where we really are. We better be up for this and fight all the way. 

Falling short is hard but acceptable if we put the effort in but capitulation just once more should see swift action before it is too late.  

1 minute ago, Sutton_blows_goats said:

Agree, perhaps that is due to thier contracted incentives. At which point I'd question the clubs priorities.

I think it is at least as much to do with players wanting to do well in front of a much bigger audience (that includes scouts of clubs with more money).