What is Rangers’ biggest letdown?

The biggest problem is the club's ability to attract real money. The people in the club at this time have nowhere near enough cash to improve the club it robbing Peter to pay Paul. The problem is their ego will not allow them to seek investment in case they lose control. So the limbo continues unto we can attract serious financial backing we will struggle in any good league. None of our directors has enough liquidity to act, so until this happens we will play in the Scottish league and have to like it. Incidentally, this is the salary of their highest-paid player €6,480,000 makes you think this is Napoli.

Edited by Hume

46 minutes ago, MacK1950 said:

Haven't read any of the posts but what was evident to me is that after Goldson went off we had no leader in the defence our captain is only that in name and has no leadership qualities.

Sorry but if you play for Rangers and need a "leader" to talk you through a game then you are at the wrong club. 

7 minutes ago, CammyF said:

Sorry but if you play for Rangers and need a "leader" to talk you through a game then you are at the wrong club. 

Disagree as the captain should be able to do so maybe leader is the wrong word but should be able to show by example IMO.

Do you think Ian Ferguson, Stuart McCall, John Brown, Nigal Spackman, Barry Ferguson, Ian Durrant et al required someone to "set an example".... 

We should have 11 captains I'm our team - the armband should be immaterial 

7 hours ago, CammyF said:

Do you think Ian Ferguson, Stuart McCall, John Brown, Nigal Spackman, Barry Ferguson, Ian Durrant et al required someone to "set an example".... 

We should have 11 captains I'm our team - the armband should be immaterial 

Not that long ago, but still you refer to a different age.

The traits that you might associate with leadership material for a dressing room are generally frowned upon in the modern game and society, in general.

I would suggest that you really need a management team to set examples and not let things get out of hand.  

Gerrad was a leader, Gio isn't.

Gerrard with Beale worked well........(until it didn't / everything has a sell by date but we got a payback from Villa)

Edited by buster.

2 hours ago, buster. said:

Not that long ago, but still you refer to a different age.

The traits that you might associate with leadership material for a dressing room are generally frowned upon in the modern game and society, in general.

I would suggest that you really need a management team to set examples and not let things get out of hand.  

Gerrad was a leader, Gio isn't.

Gerrard with Beale worked well........(until it didn't / everything has a sell by date but we got a payback from Villa)

I agree with that, but the question was about on-field leaders. They all should be leaders. If that burden is too much they are at the wrong club.

We used to have 4 or 5 captains in any given starting 11, now we've got too many players who either go missing from injury half the time, or, have some how got into their 20's and not even played 100 games for a first team of any note.