What is Rangers’ biggest letdown?

I know this is everyone's personal thoughts but I can't comprehend the Ramsdens Cup being number one let down.

Eintracht for me.

Edit. 2022 before anybody asks 

@Gonzo79 I went to quite a few games on the Union Jack bus back in mid to late 70's. Was a hoot !! Me and a mate would go (started on UJ at 12 years old / cost us 50p each).

Edited by buster.

8 minutes ago, Scott7 said:

This is a terrible topic. Who started it?

derBerliner, buster and Malonsgob dragged me into it.   

37 minutes ago, buster. said:

I went to quite a few games on the Union Jack bus back in mid to late 70's. Was a hoot !!

I can barely remember what decade I was on it - possibly late 90s and early 00s.  There were some characters.  

6 hours ago, Gonzo79 said:

Until fairly recently, I went through with my hometown RSC but prefer the train now.  

Was on the Union Jack bus a couple of times when I was younger - always a good laugh.  😀

I know people from the Jack. I go on the John Niven (loyal)

I agree with the defeat to Raith Rovers,as we had come through so much over the few years and I was looking forward to a cup celebration.

However that was denied and sitting at Easter Road and seeing the ball enter the net was devastating.

6 hours ago, Gonzo79 said:

Malonsgob dragged me into it. 

Ahem...that's Malangsob kind sir...it's Thai for cockroach.

Biggest let down...and please pardon me...I am but a Rangers infant in comparison to many here.

I have a few.

Cup

1-Eintracht

2-2016 SC final 

3-Progres 

Season

05-06--third place...no cups...Loss to the scum at Ibrox in Feb...season done...McLeish done...Stupid Japanese gf wearing a GD Nakamura kit to my house.

5 hours ago, Malangsob said:

Ahem...that's Malangsob kind sir.

5 hours ago, Malangsob said:

2-2016 SC final 

I was about to apologise but then you brought up a match/day I had almost completely erased from my memory.  

11 hours ago, Whosthedado said:

I know people from the Jack. I go on the John Niven (loyal)

I remember John Niven.

He was a Firefighter from Edinburgh. I believe he passed after a horrendous bus journey back from a Euro' game in Romania? A blood clot?

I used to meet John at Reserve League West and Youth fixtures. He always carried the Edinburgh Evening News because he continually riled and raged against a columnist, Bill Lothian. Apparently, he was a bitter Jambo who attributed every Rangers success to, "the Rangers bounce". John penned an unpublished letter to the paper/columnist stating the Rangers bounce was celebrated by the Bouncy.

Were does one start 

The dire quality of the football being served up

A lack of quality coming from the youth ranks 

A manager who in my opinion is hopeless 

And a board that conspired to fleece the fans 

At one time we could compete with decent teams now these performances are few and far between 

1 hour ago, 26th of foot said:

I remember John Niven.

He was a Firefighter from Edinburgh. I believe he passed after a horrendous bus journey back from a Euro' game in Romania? A blood clot?

I used to meet John at Reserve League West and Youth fixtures. He always carried the Edinburgh Evening News because he continually riled and raged against a columnist, Bill Lothian. Apparently, he was a bitter Jambo who attributed every Rangers success to, "the Rangers bounce". John penned an unpublished letter to the paper/columnist stating the Rangers bounce was celebrated by the Bouncy.

I believe you are right 26th. I dont go far enough back - be going about 15-16 years right enough, but John was on before I joined the JNL