[FT] Rangers 1 (Arfield 17) - 7 Liverpool

6 minutes ago, buster. said:

Various

Losing possession and not great in the tackle.

Mayo isn't going to make it with us. King is better and about 4 years younger

I thought I'd ask. You gave the impression that you'd watched a lot of him. 

It's being said elsewhere Helander is unlikely to play football again and Souttar may be out for the season.

We're not having much luck (albeit we made our own luck with the Souttar purchase). 

Edited by Gonzo79

Arsenal just beat Bodo/Glimt 0-1. The Norwegians did well, and should have scored. They spent nothing in the summer; just free transfers. Arsenal spent £120m.

Liverpool spent £80m, compared to our £12m. Pumped.

There's a gulf, but 1-7... ? :facepalm: 

Edit: I got the wrong season: Bodo/Glimt spent £7m this summer ... My point still stands! :ninja: 

They threw on 100m in the last 20odd minutes and those chaps scored 3 goals and had 3 assists - against a tiring and weakened team. Arsenal is not exactly known to play power and attacking football like Liverpool either.

Yet, you are right in so far as Bodo Glimt is about our level.

I do wonder how we had fared with all our first team centre-halfs ready, but that won't change Wednesday.

It would be good to get an update on all the defenders in today's press conference, by the looks of it, we have Davies, Sands and King remaining, with no idea about Soutar and Helander.

7 minutes ago, der Berliner said:

It would be good to get an update on all the defenders in today's press conference, by the looks of it, we have Davies, Sands and King remaining, with no idea about Soutar and Helander.

We won't see Helander in a Rangers shirt again.  Souttar is out long term.