• Steven Davis
    • Malik Tillman
    • Scott Wright
    • Alfredo Morelos
    • Scott Arfield
    • Kemar Roofe
    • Charlie McCann

4 minutes ago, Frankie said:

Minimal end product for sure but, embarrassingly, he was perhaps the only attacking player that was at least direct and tried to beat his man.

I was very much turd polishing this morning.

Yeah I have lost the energy for turd polishing 

Morelos was his usual self on the ball - good one minute, poor the next.

The service he had was awful though - especially in the second half - but he also passed up a great first half chance.

19 minutes ago, onevision said:

Ridvan first half was good as were Tillman and Wright but i opted for McLaughlin 🙂

If not for his positioning late on Rudden would have been clean through on goal and possibly made the result even more embarrassing.

Forgot about that save - was certainly an important one. :)

My vote went to Davis. He actually played more like a 10 than a DM and was probably given license to do so. The amount of work the Old Fox put into the game was tremendous and put the likes of Tavernier and Lundstram to shame.

Wright and Sakala were trying all night, yet had little help from the rest of midfield, and while Tillman was trying, I was sort of annoyed how little cohesion there was. I could not work out what role Lundstram was playing, as he left any DM and thus creative-from-the-back duties to our centre-halfs, who, as the game wore on, were pressed by the Dundee forwards and it all became ever more erratic. Davis stepped back on occasion, but the distribution from the back was dire and the passing - even by our veterans - was next to shocking. I'll never understand why a) you have to run 5 yards in one direction before playing a (by then telegraphed) ball to another player or b) receive a ball and treat it like a hot coal and send it to another player with one or two opponents on his back, who will only play it back to you. As if you win games by completed passes ...

Ridvan looked quite good (no matter the opposition) and tried to overlap with Wright or having a pop himself. I wouldn't mind testing him as a real wingback, even with Borna behind him in a more defensive line-up. He looks quite capable of beating players and delivering passes and shots.

King is a solid defender. For the time being, I don't see much more though.

Lundstram seemingly never got out of second gear and as I said, I couldn't work out his role last night. I would have chucked him for McCann at half-time, who was at least trying and harrying people all over the pitch.

Morelos looked every inch the out of favour and out of form striker. Against Dundee at home I would have thrown on a second striker and the two wingers from the start. Given that the midfield behind Morelos was all over the place, he had no real partner to play with, which hardly helped his course. 

Roofe ... is a penalty box player and showed that. I long for the day that we play him and Colak, Wright and Sakala on the wings and see what happens.

Tillman tried his best and I hope we don't shovel him about the pitch like we did with Aribo.