Sands and Tillman

11 hours ago, buster. said:

You are just talking bullshit now.

Fine, disagree on a possible signing target but wind in the accusations of racism.

It is gamesmanship and you see it every week.

If there is a dislike of colour involved, it is blue (shirt) but Maurice Johnston wasn't keen on it either until he got well paid for wearing it.

Bullshit, then. It's harmless. Thanks for putting me straight. 

Actually, it is the most overtly racist image I have seen in years.

A white guy is standing over and screaming abuse at a black guy lying on the ground. How does that read? Does he need a whip?

The fact that he is delighted with himself only makes it worse. That it is contemporary, and released, signed, for profit really is quite staggering.

Maybe the guy is merely another, yes, yet another, pig thick, ignorant, East coast schemie, but that doesn't make it acceptable. 

5 minutes ago, Uilleam said:

A white guy is standing over and screaming abuse at a black guy lying on the ground. How does that read? Does he need a whip?

The fact that he is delighted with himself only makes it worse. That it is contemporary, and released, signed, for profit really is quite staggering.

Maybe the guy is merely another, yes, yet another, pig thick, ignorant, East coast schemie, but that doesn't make it acceptable. 

Would it be racism if it was a black man standing over a prone white man?

10 minutes ago, Uilleam said:

it is the most overtly racist image I have seen in years.

A white guy is standing over and screaming abuse at a black guy lying on the ground

Absolute nonsense. It's a Hibs player standing over a Rangers player.  They (Hibs) hate us (Rangers).  

If you don’t believe me, think about what happened to Lee Wallace after the 2016 Scottish Cup Final.

Edited by Gonzo79

3 minutes ago, Gonzo79 said:

Absolute nonsense. It's a Hibs player standing over a Rangers player.  They (Hibs) hate us (Rangers).  

If you don’t believe me, think about what happened to Lee Wallace after the 2016 Scottish Cup Final.

It's the imagery, and the weight of history. 

18 minutes ago, Uilleam said:

A pig thick, ignorant footballer making mistakes is one thing.

But an intelligent poster on here should know better.

Edited by buster.

2 minutes ago, buster. said:

A pig thick, ignorant footballer making mistakes is one thing.

But an intelligent poster on here should know better.

At least you concede that the player made a mistake. 

In what way was he mistaken?

7 minutes ago, Uilleam said:

At least you concede that the player made a mistake. 

In what way was he mistaken?

Posing with the image for photos that would go public. 

Causing the predictable bipolar reactions that in the moment might not matter but further down the line, may be a pain in the arse.

• Frankie changed the title to Sands and Tillman

The imagery isn't great but it's not racist; just petty but hardly the end of the world.

I can't see us signing Porteous though. He's not a bad player and may represent decent value on a Bosman but I believe he wants to move to England.