Sands and Tillman

I thought Sands did well last night. Not sure what the fee would be for him but if we’re signing Porteous (please  don’t shoot the messenger 😵💫) then his opportunities in the defence may be limited & MF may be his only option.

Tillman for me disappears in games too often. He’s got a bit to go before we decide to sign him I think

1 minute ago, RANGERRAB said:

I thought Sands did well last night. Not sure what the fee would be for him but if we’re signing Porteous (please  don’t shoot the messenger 😵💫) then his opportunities in the defence may be limited & MF may be his only option.

Tillman for me disappears in games too often. He’s got a bit to go before we decide to sign him I think

Tillman is largely being judged on what he does in up to 10 minutes in every game, which is sometimes impressive, but for the other 80 minutes he's often anonymous and ineffective. As someone posted elsewhere, Tillman is a luxury player and simply isn't a priority for Rangers at this time.

3 minutes ago, Blue Moon said:

I doubt very much we are signing Porteous.  Or to put it another way, I hope we aren't.

My immediate thought was similar but on reflection, on a bosman it makes sense.

Scottish reared player for UEFA competition and more liable to be fit than Souttar.

Pantomime villan who needs to mature but could be shaped into a very useful player.

1 minute ago, buster. said:

Scottish reared player for UEFA competition and more liable to be fit than Souttar.

Pantomime villan who needs to mature but could be shaped into a very useful player.

But unavailable for similar amount of time due to suspensions..... ;)

Edited by lenny3k

Just when you think we have hot rock bottom you come on and read folk wanting to sign that wee rat Porteous. :wtf2:

On the other two I would consider Tillman but not for 5M and dont see a Rangers player in Sands.... mind you there were at least 6 others that fall into that category too

Both Sands and Tillman represent for me an issue in terms of the markets we are looking at in our recruitment.

Players in MLS are being valued higher than ever. Evander (who we were linked with in the summer, plays for Midtjylland in Denmark) is being linked to a move to Portland Timbers for around £9 million. The teams in the MLS can pay and command higher transfer fees than we can afford. They are buying up top talent from South America and Mexico. The future fee for sands being a reported £4 million is affordable in this case but generally the elite US talent is sold off at a younger age for much higher fees. An MLS team bought a highly rated Argie called Thiago Almeda for £15 million, 20 years old. Usually these guys go to Spain or Italy but the MLS has the means now to buy them, pay them well and give them a platform.

Tillmans reported fee from Bayern is around £5 Million. Similarities when buying Kent for £7 million from Liverpool. These elite clubs like Chelsea, Man City can command big fees for thier youth products and also rights to any future fee. They are also generally paid quite well which gives us a challenge in fitting them into our wage structure. By all means we should be looking at all these players and bring them in if possible. But given our financial constraints they maybe don't represent the best value we can get. Bassey who was available out of contract for a small development fee is a good example of the profile we should be targeting.

1 hour ago, buster. said:

I sort of agree with that and disagree at the same time.

🎶Two Scott7s

There’s at least two Scott7s🎶

Edited by Scott7