[FT] Rangers 1 (Tavernier 87' pen) - 3 Ajax

4 minutes ago, Gonzo79 said:

I'd like to reiterate, we need a new manager if we want to win this league.  

GvB doesn't have it.  

Agree. I said before that I think the run to the EL final last season was due to the momentum we had in Europe thanks to Gerrard and although we were not firing fully domestically we did hold a 6 pint advantage at the top when GvB came in. He threw the lead away is regressing further this season (even factoring in the step up to the CL). He will not be winning anything at Rangers, but we'll stick with him anyway...until the end of the season at the very least. 

34 minutes ago, CammyF said:

So if we need £80M per year to "break even" or as our board like to say "keep the lights on", what happens next season if we don't generate £80M? 

It all depends what we have spent, choose to spend, have to spend or intend to spend. You don't know what that is, neither do I but we can at least agree we would need to know these things before pronouncing on what further spend can be prioritised.

28 minutes ago, CammyF said:

we have the correct board in place

It’s a lot better than many previous  Boards. I don’t see many volunteers coming forward to replace them. Again who would you like to see on the Board? Genuine question.

3 minutes ago, CammyF said:

But the buck stops with the board. If they believe Wilson isn't doing his job, they need to replace him.

Given the money he's brought in and Bennet saying this is best squad we've had, it sounds like they think he's doing an OK job.  

It won't hit them until later. Right now the reaching the CL Groups was a target achieved and 4 points off the top domestically is something they think can be turned around when the walking wounded return to action. But they'll see. 

Strangely, of all our CL debacles this season, tonight was probably the one where our options were so limited that it's hard to blame the manager or the players he had available. Whatever you attribute it to, we just didn't have the ammunition required to compete in this gunfight.

3 minutes ago, weebluedevil said:

He will not be winning anything at Rangers, but we'll stick with him anyway.

I think so (unfortunately), unless there's a huge issue domestically.

I have no real idea what GvB's philosophy is - everything seems so slapdash. The only consistency seems to be in regular disappointments and humiliations.  Some passion and anger are needed occasionally, even in the very effeminate world of modern football and we show none of these, even when we're getting beat 7-1 at home.  What kind of man doesn't get angry about that!?

I'm sick of watching the current team.  

4 minutes ago, Scott7 said:

It’s a lot better than many previous  Boards. I don’t see many volunteers coming forward to replace them. Again who would you like to see on the Board? Genuine question.

Someone with untold millions.

Genuine question - are you happy with this board and what they are / aren't doing with OUR club? 

Yet anothet turgid performance , no passion , no work ethic , no set up , we ended up with 3 wingers and Wright playing behind Morelos , and yet again we ran 4km less than the opposition , thats every game in these groups we have been vastly outworked by teams that have the ball more than us , thats criminal in my book .

God knows where we go from here , the amount of players injured , and also out of contract at the end of the season is mental .

I hate to even mention this but , that mob across the city went and got a manager and allowed him to bring in players he knew and that he was sure could play his system , we have done the opposite IMHO .

37 minutes ago, weebluedevil said:

Apparently Roof repairs were £28M and Edmiston house would have been a multi £M project so these are not every year costs. 

Both of which will be depreciated/amortised over many years but will hit cashflow for the full amount in one or two accounting periods. That's a serious chunk of cash.

5 minutes ago, Bill said:

Strangely, of all our CL debacles this season, tonight was probably the one where our options were so limited that it's hard to blame the manager or the players he had available. Whatever you attribute it to, we just didn't have the ammunition required to compete in this gunfight.

I had a degree of optimism coming into tonights game, until I saw the team.

We had an extremely weak spine.

Central defence looked vulnerable with no real backup.

Central midfield had an age profile more akin to a Legends Team and it showed.

Edited by buster.