[FT] Rangers 1 (Tavernier 87' pen) - 3 Ajax

Just now, CammyF said:

After losing first 2 group games? 

We lost to Lyon, lost to Sparta Prague away, then beat Brondby at home, before a draw away. Then GvB took over (1W, 1D - in the group).

We were joint 2nd.

What are you trying to argue? 

I can't deny that GvB did well last season, but that doesn't excuse the performances this season. 

1 minute ago, forlanssister said:

How can you go from being one of the fittest hardest working teams around to this embarrassment in the space of six months?

No hunger, no desire, bereft of leadership, no belief, a complete destruction of player value.

It's as if we've swapped double expresso's for mogadons.

Don't think anyone has the answer. Some blaming manager, some blaming Wilson, some blaming players, some blaming the board, some blaming some / all of the above. 

Something not right tho, that's for sure. 

Just now, CammyF said:

Don't think anyone has the answer. Some blaming manager, some blaming Wilson, some blaming players, some blaming the board, some blaming some / all of the above. 

Something not right tho, that's for sure. 

All of the above gets my vote.

Just now, Rousseau said:

We lost to Lyon, lost to Sparta Prague away, then beat Brondby at home, before a draw away. Then GvB took over (1W, 1D - in the group).

We were joint 2nd.

What are you trying to argue? 

I can't deny that GvB did well last season, but that doesn't excuse the performances this season. 

Not trying to argue anything. Facts show GVB got us to EL final last season and got us to CL this season. 

Performances in CL have shown we are well below the level required to compete at that level. Don't think that changes no matter who the manager is.

7 minutes ago, CammyF said:

Not trying to argue anything. Facts show GVB got us to EL final last season and got us to CL this season. 

Performances in CL have shown we are well below the level required to compete at that level. Don't think that changes no matter who the manager is.

We were a spot kick away from beating Frankfurt, who have since qualified for the CL last-16.

We've been embarrassed.

I don't expect us to win every game, merely put up a fight (that could still involve finishing 4th). 

GvB should've been able to do that - he did it last year, although now I'm thinking it's because of the work SG did - but he hasn't.

Your financial gulf argument doesn't cut it. 

Plzen put up more of a fight with less resources. 

I can most definitely blame the manager. 

A different manager puts up more of a fight - I know SG would.

Absolutely scunnered after that tonight, I'm glad this European campaign is over, the club have a lot to answer for though, charging £180 for 3 home games to see 13 goals get shipped past us and only see 2 in return with 0 points on the board and now the worst ever CL side in history, what an embarrassment, look forward to seeing what the boys have to say on the next pod as they always get it spot on, we are Glasgow Rangers and this just isn't good enough