Walter Smith admits Jean-Claude Darcheville has a chance of playing in Rangers' UEFA Champions League tie with Lyon.

Darcheville was initially ruled out of Tuesday's game by Smith after suffering a hamstring injury against Motherwell on Saturday.

The Rangers boss expected the striker to be sidelined for two weeks with the problem, but the Frenchman joined in training on Sunday.

He is due to travel to Lyon with the rest of the squad and Smith has been 'amazed' by Darcheville's recovery.

Still a doubt

"Jean-Claude amazed us all and he'll be with us when we go to Lyon," Smith told the Daily Record.

"After the game on Saturday I didn't think he had any chance of recovering in time, but now it looks as though there is the possibility he could take part against Lyon.

"He is still a doubt, but he has a chance now where before yesterday morning there was no hope.

"He says he's had a similar injury before and recovered well, and it looks as though it's happening again.

"But we won't know for certain until closer to the match. He might still miss the game, but at least there is the chance of him making it."

Should we gamble on a player, in a game where we will be lucky to get a draw,who may then miss important Domestic games ?

If he's fit enoughfor it, that could make a huge difference. He is one of the few players that really seems to make the one up front system work. I think he's been our outstanding striker this season. C'mon the Darche!!!

According to Sky Sports JCD is out and Cousin will take his place. Don't know about the other changes that Whosthedado mentioned though.

Something that has surprised me about Naismith is the height he can jump. He gets up high for a wee man.

I thought Naismith might have got the nod as he's young and could put in a real shift while being fast too.

Beasley blows hot and cold, but I've been impressed with how he doesn't hide away like a lot of wingers. He keeps plugging away and isn't afraid to get stuck in. He's disappointed me a bit with his ability, but has more than made up for it with his attitude. At least he can also cut inside and have a shot which is more than can be said for some of our recent wingers.