Arrest made after Aberdeen fans fly sectarian banner at Ibrox

The Police will probably misplace the evidence.  

In all honesty, I'm not remotely offended by the banner.  I wish we could get back to acting like grown men (giving and taking stick) but alas, that lot started it, so we just have to play along.

They've actually done something about it?!

Curb Your Enthusiasm Omg GIF

I think we've had this chat before - it was quite normal within my circle of friends that the terms "hun" and "tim" were used as good natured banter between both sides, but society has changed a lot and its really not difficult to see why so many Rangers fans feel like we've been unfairly targeted over the years by various individuals and organisations when it comes to use of Sectarian language, images etc.

Edited by ascender

2 hours ago, Scott7 said:

The bloke is 33. Should be done for failing to grow up.

Well said - but I agree with @Gonzo79 that this silliness doesn't offend me at all. I hopee the arrest was at the instigation of Sturgeon's Gestapo and not some whining Rangers fans joining in the usual victimhood game.

The 33 year old will appear in court, confirm his name and address then, plead Not Guilty.

He will be given a date several weeks hence for trial. In the meantime, the PF Office will lose all the gathered evidence and when the 33 year old traps again at the court, his case will be dismissed. The current Justice Minister, Keith Brown will instigate a full investigation and, promise to publish the findings.

Five years past, six Yahoos were charged with hanging two effigies from the north stand roof at Sellik park. One effigy was replete in a Rangers scarf, the other wore an orange collarette; both had their hands tied behind their backs. The effigies(strange fruit) twisted in the breeze until nearly half time during the game. Below the effigies, a dozen flags flew, all proclaiming KAH(Kill All H-u-ns). They appeared in court, registered pleas of Not Guilty and when re-appeared several weeks later, the PF Office dropped all charges because ALL EVIDENCE had been lost. The then Justice Minister, Humza Yousaf promised a full investigation and to publish the findings.

To this day, the report has NOT been published. I suspect the CalMac Ferries on the stocks at Fergusons Yard in Port Glasgow will be sailing, plying for lifeline island trade before the report is published?

The 33 year old Aberdonian has nothing to worry about.