[FT] St Mirren 1 - 1 Rangers (Tavernier 84 pen)

For all the frustration stemming from his tactics, I can't help hoping his last press conference of the season sees GvB surrounded by silverware. Nothing would give me more pleasure than to see him fight through this challenging period and come out the other end wiser and successful.

Edited by Bill

• Rousseau changed the title to St Mirren vs Rangers
13 hours ago, Tannochsidebear said:

I don’t see it as impossible we can turn the deficit around post WC.

Not impossible but highly unlikely.  

Most of the injured players aren't due back well into the New Year and GvB did worse with a better squad during the second half of last season.  Paedo FC aren't dropping points against other teams and our record against them since Gerrard left is awful. 

The 2022/23 league is done, in my opinion.  The remainder of the season should be about trying to win the cups and preparing for next season.  

Oh and St Mirren can't compete against a club with our spending capability, so today's game should be an easy win*.

*sarcasm 

Edited by Gonzo79

33 minutes ago, Gonzo79 said:

Paedo FC aren't dropping points against other teams and our record against them since Gerrard left is awful. 

The 2022/23 league is done, in my opinion. 

Yeah...

Angry Simon Pegg GIF by Working Title

56 minutes ago, Gonzo79 said:

Most of the injured players aren't due back well into the New Year and GvB did worse with a better squad during the second half of last season.  Paedo FC aren't dropping points against other teams and our record against them since Gerrard left is awful. 

The 2022/23 league is done, in my opinion.  The remainder of the season should be about trying to win the cups and preparing for next season.  

Oh and St Mirren can't compete against a club with our spending capability, so today's game should be an easy win*.

*sarcasm 

Why do you have to bring realism into it?

leave me alone in my beautiful positive clinging-on world where I could say we clearly focused on Europe last Spring and left the league as a secondary target (wrongly IMO but hey-ho) and while Paedo's havent been dropping points this season YET they are not a great side and have struggled to get over the line quite a few times, and their luck may not last a whole campaign, especially with VAR continuing to get under their skin, slowing them down and denying them illegal goals. Their fat Aussie chancer may well get found out sooner rather than later.

I will leave you with the immortal words of the legendary Marvin Andrews - KEEP BELIEVING!!

Now im off to Paisley and if we dont win im going to come back and erase this post and replace it with Gio must go!