The Rangers Brand - what does it stand for?

3 minutes ago, Gonzo79 said:

I'd say most posters on this thread have covered one or two of the same things.  

It's what the majority of Bears think and also how the neutral observers (noted when reading foreign articles) and our enemies see us: Protestant and British.  

Some Bears don't want to be associated with these two things, others are just a bit uncomfortable with it but most are quite proud of it.  

I'm a church going Presbyterian who is proud to be Scottish and British who supports Rangers.

To me these aren't necessarily linked to others they will be linked. 

I'm not afraid to champion all of the above, but they are my personal opinions which I chose not to "force" on others.

14 minutes ago, ranger_syntax said:

People find it difficult because it is painful to accept that Rangers is a modern football club like any other.

A bit, aye.  

If we maintained some of Struth's philosophies, I doubt we could compete nowadays.

It's the same as a lot of things, you pick the best bits, ignore the ones that aren't beneficial and try to stay relevant/competitive.   

2 hours ago, stewarty said:

Hasn’t the club already defined our brand in a way that captures the diversity of motivations within our support… 

Is that what you believe defines Rangers?

10 hours ago, CammyF said:

But each supporter will have a different answer, defining characteristics will be different between supporter to supporter. 

To me it's the charity work the club undertakes, to someone else it'll be the links to loyalism and royalism, to someone else it'll be links to Union Bears or ICF and fighting fans from other clubs, for someone else it will be family tradition. There are endless answers, not just one. All legitimate answers and all personal to each fan.

If your brand can be anything then it is nothing.

1 hour ago, ranger_syntax said:

If your brand can be anything then it is nothing.

Incorrect. It's a football club and means many things to many people which doesn't take away from "the brand" (which no one can get correct anyway apparently so it doesn't really matter).