Mar 2023: Lawrence and Roofe out for the season

3 minutes ago, Blue Moon said:

I like the RR.  Generally they are well informed and measured in what they do.  Didn't know they were part of the Herald Group (like the National 😜).

They are well-informed from what I can tell but I stay away from them due to the links with the National and as they are owned by Newsquest.

So Lawrence is out for the season and Roofe out for a while, from what is written there.

A few bits and pieces in transfer targets, but we really need to look after some more steely folk for midfield. I really don't care whether they come from Asia, India, Scandinavia, the US of A, the English 3rd tier or something alike, as long as they can play through a couple of seasons and score 15+ goals, if the latter are meant to be "attackers" ...

Some transfer murmurs ...

All-action Gattuso 2.0 needs to be back on Gers radar after reported “positive talks” - Gustavo Hamer

Plus three from the Greek league:

Panathinaikos’ Dimitrios Kourbelis (29, DM, freebie this summer) and Fotis Ioannidis (23, striker, contract till 2024)

Olympiacos’ In-Beom Hwang (25, CM, contract till 2025)

And a goalie:

Rangers eyeing move to sign Freddie Woodman for 3,5m (25, Preston NE, contract till 2025)

Edited by der Berliner

6 hours ago, Gonzo79 said:

He needs to be a bit more guarded, in my opinion.  

Nothing new but when you get beat is the time when it all gets picked apart.

A Beale presser takes more than double the time Gerrard would do.

No holding court, say the necessary and go.

44 minutes ago, buster. said:

Nothing new but when you get beat is the time when it all gets picked apart.

A Beale presser takes more than double the time Gerrard would do.

No holding court, say the necessary and go.

Too needy - wants to be 'liked'.

It didn't take long for the praise for MB's 'refreshingly honest' press conferences to flip to 'he has to be more guarded', 'he's too needy', 'wants to be liked', etc.

It only took one defeat. 

4 minutes ago, Rousseau said:

It didn't take long for the praise for MB's 'refreshingly honest' press conferences to flip to 'he has to be more guarded', 'he's too needy', 'wants to be liked', etc.

It only took one defeat. 

I still like them better than gio grunting his way through 5 mins of nothing. I still like the honesty but I see your point about the support in general.

37 minutes ago, Rousseau said:

It only took one defeat. 

Nevertheless, it's true. There's a world of difference between offering clear informations and your mouth running away with you. 

Edited by Bill

1 hour ago, Rousseau said:

It didn't take long for the praise for MB's 'refreshingly honest' pressed conferences to flip to 'he has to be more guarded', 'he's too needy', 'wants to be liked', etc.

It only took one defeat. 

Said the same ages ago.

Fine when you are winning but......

Engaging with Chris Sutton was another mistake.

Someone needs to give him some communications advice. Beale has a difficult enough job and shouldn't be making it more complicated.

1 hour ago, Rousseau said:

It only took one defeat. 

He was either going to be saint or sinner after the cup final.