Confirmed: Michael Beale named Rangers manager

18 minutes ago, compo said:

I wonder if mr Beale has already started thinking what am I doing here,they want me to make honey out of cats shite 

I think Mr Beale has came (back)to Rangers with his eyes wide open. At least give him an ounce of credit/credibility.

MB has been appointed so, for me, it's very much a case of wait and see.  

Hopefully no one gets games based on what they did a year or two ago and hopefully no one gets dismissed out of hand.  Clean slate time for the squad.  

Some fans talk about Michael Beale like he’s some kind of idiot who’s never seen a football before and who can only function with their advice. I think we can give him a lot more credit than that. He may or may not be successful but I believe he knows how to do his job. 

46 minutes ago, Bill said:

Some fans talk about Michael Beale like he’s some kind of idiot who’s never seen a football before and who can only function with their advice. I think we can give him a lot more credit than that. He may or may not be successful but I believe he knows how to do his job. 

Agreed. 

Beale may or may not be successful, however he is a young up coming manager who is well respected in football. He knows exactly what is expected & required to be a Rangers manager, knows the league and he is ambitious. He knows what he is taking on.

Every managerial appointment is a gamble, same with every player signing. Best to just get behind him and give him a chance.

There's no doubt Beale will know exactly how Rangers have been performing since he left.  

What he says in press conferences and interviews, regarding players, isn't necessarily what he thinks.  You'd have to be a bit naive not to realise that.

36 minutes ago, Gonzo79 said:

What he says in press conferences and interviews, regarding players, isn't necessarily what he thinks.  You'd have to be a bit naive not to realise that.

Exactly.

Heard today that Beale cancelled the behind closed door friendly for two reasons. Firstly to have more time with the players in the training pitch (fitness) and that he is travelling to World Cup as we are scouting 2 potential January signings. 

Don't know how true this is, just passing in what I heard 😀