Anyone Attending the Club AGM?

2 hours ago, CammyF said:

It should come directly from the club, but it doesn't. That's the issue. The communication is abysmal a d that's down to the board. 

Robertson is no more than Motherwell standard, Park simply can't communicate and Bennett tried but came across as condescending. The was a reason the follow up interviews were pulled.

If we can't get communication from the board, where and how do we get it?

This ISNT about Club1872 v The Board, its about fans and shareholders (the life blood of the club) being communicated to in an open and honest manner buy the board.

Best In Class? My hairy arse.

How many times are you going to repeat the same point? You’re dancing in circles, throwing bizarre insults at various directors and frankly starting to look a bit ridiculous. 

“Motherwell standard”, what sort of daft crap is that?

I think we are in danger of over-egging the current situation.  Things can change quickly and we need steady heads, not reactionary short-termism.

The backdrop is poor communication, but that can be fixed.  

Results need to improve but they recognised it wasn't working with Gio and made the change.   

Thank god we have a game to watch tomorrow.

3 minutes ago, Bill said:

How many times are you going to repeat the same point? You’re dancing in circles, throwing bizarre insults at various directors and frankly starting to look a bit ridiculous. 

“Motherwell standard”, what sort of daft crap is that?

How am I looking ridiculous? 

What "bizarre" insults am I throwing around?

Was Robertson a success at Motherwell? 

Does Park stike you as someone who is comfortable speaking in public?

Didn't Bennett sound condescending in his interview?

We're subsequent interviews get pulled due to the reaction of fans after 1st interview?

Are the board "best in class" when it comes to operation issues at our club?

If you are happy with the opperations of the club and board then fine, I'm happy for you but I'm not.

If you don't like what I post, simply ignore it.

8 minutes ago, Bill said:

"Motherwell standard”, what sort of daft crap is that?

I know what Cammy means.  Robertson comes across as a bit of a pushover.  I'd prefer a more forceful man in his position.  

7 minutes ago, stewarty said:

I think we are in danger of over-egging the current situation.  Things can change quickly and we need steady heads, not reactionary short-termism.

The backdrop is poor communication, but that can be fixed.  

Results need to improve but they recognised it wasn't working with Gio and made the change.   

Thank god we have a game to watch tomorrow.

Maybe, but regime after regime treat us like sh1t. Its stump up and shut up - I hoped a board that had King, Park and Bennett (all Rangers men) would be different, but sadly they ain't. 

8 minutes ago, Gonzo79 said:

I know what Cammy means.  Robertson comes across as a bit of a pushover.  I'd prefer a more forceful man in his position.  

He is weak and with the return of Lawell he'll roll over and get his belly tickled. 

10 minutes ago, CammyF said:

He is weak and with the return of Lawell he'll roll over and get his belly tickled. 

I often wonder what Graham Wallace would have been like in Robertson’s role today.

Both he & Nash resigned in October 2014 after falling out with easdale after he sought funding from Ashley instead of King.

Months later King & T3B got control and the rest is history.

Robertson has always seemed a bit out of his depth to me. Wallace came from Man City IIRC. Perhaps he’d have had a different approach from Robertson at times these past few years but we’ll never know…. 

4 minutes ago, RANGERRAB said:

I often wonder what Graham Wallace would have been like in Robertson’s role today.

Both he & Nash resigned in October 2014 after falling out with easdale after he sought funding from Ashley instead of King.

Months later King & T3B got control and the rest is history.

Robertson has always seemed a bit out of his depth to me. Wallace came from Man City IIRC. Perhaps he’d have had a different approach from Robertson at times these past few years but we’ll never know…. 

I actually think Bennett would be better in the role than Robertson. I thought his interview a few months back came over as condescending but at least he attempted to engage whilst Park and Robertson shied away.

Said earlier, Davie Weir is building a great reputation for himself as Technical Director at Brighton. Probably out of our reach, but would be a good alternative to Park and / or Robertson. 

The board rightly get great credit (and I include King) for getting the club back, and for their continued investment. No denying that and I'm forever grateful for that. 

However, that should not deflect from their obvious shortcomings and that there are better options out there to run the operations for them.

The stuff on Wilson also feels like its getting over-egged.   Yes there are clearly squad management situations that need to be addressed but we also need to remember that we are working within a limited budget, players aren't compelled to simply comply with what we want of them, no matter what we think the appeal of playing for us is or should be. 

It was said in the Q&A that for Morelos and Kent particularly, that essentially we have done all we can to try and persuade them to sign a new deal.  That being the case, if the players run down their contracts there isn't an awful lot we can do other than try and move them on.  This has coincided with injuries and down turn in form at key moments.  Like with injuries, circumstances have kicked us hard in the last year or so, and Wilson has to accept some criticism, particularly where we have taken some gambles that haven't paid off, I just find the vitriol a bit silly.

Unfortunately, with our resource constraints, we are always taking some form of calculated gamble.

Edited by stewarty