Anyone Attending the Club AGM?

6 minutes ago, CammyF said:

Retro gear appears to be the "in thing". Maybe something Rangers should look into (not just strips but hoodie, hats, scarfs etc).

Be good if we could bring back more retro attitudes.  😉

1 hour ago, CammyF said:

Off course it's understandable that the board were unhappy, but Club1872 were within their rights to ask the questions (we're still facing legal action on this). 

It just seems (from a distance) that the current board want to control all groups surrounding the club and what little information manages to leak out into the public domain. 

Again, it goes back to communication, if the club were more open and on front foot, they would have a better "arguement" than they do now in my opinion.

It reminds we of when David Murray tried to bring the fanzines "in-house" as he wanted control of what was published (oh and the sold more copies than the match day programmes). 

IMO, we have arrived at an absurd situation which only we could manage to do.

After DK hooked at least part of the C1872 executive and inserted his man, (apparently paid by the club) the fan group have effectively become a willing tool of the ex chairman. If that is the case and Chris Graham seemed to have that paid position when King was still on the board, that is the then Rangers chairman basically infiltrating the group to provide a route to offloading shares and until doing so, increased leverage.

Is DK capable of such ? ....I'd say look at his history and conclude, without doubt.

Are a large group of Rangers supporters so gullible ?...I'd say look at the history and conclude, without doubt.

So now we have a supporters shareholding group who do have some valid points and questions but they have little credibility.

At least resolution 8 was passed, but the soap opera and problems around these ongoing issues take attention away from where it could be more constructively employed.

Edited by buster.

5 minutes ago, buster. said:

IMO, we have arrived at an absurd situation which only we could manage to do.

After DK hooked at least part of the C1872 executive and inserted his man, (apparently paid by the club) the fan group have effectively become a willing tool of the ex chairman. If that is the case and Chris Graham seemed to have that paid position when King was still on the board, that is the then Rangers chairman basically infiltrating the group to provide a route to offloading shares and until doing so, increased leverage.

Is DK capable of such ? ....I'd say look at his history and conclude, without doubt.

Are a large group of Rangers supporters so gullible ?...I'd say look at his history and conclude, without doubt.

So now we have a supporters shareholding group who do have some valid points and questions but they have little credibility.

At least resolution 8 was passed, but the soap opera and problems around these ongoing issues take attention away from where it could be more constructively employed.

I agree. I am no fan of C1872 but to deny they have raised legitimate concerns is incorrect (as many do). As is dismissing them just because they are C1872! 

Hopefully a solution / halfway ground can be found but I doubt it. 

2 minutes ago, CammyF said:

Hopefully a solution / halfway ground can be found but I doubt it. 

Hopefully that solution will be the disbanding of Club1872. It serves no purpose other than to create division and discord.

2 minutes ago, Bill said:

Hopefully that solution will be the disbanding of Club1872. It serves no purpose other than to create division and discord.

In your opinion. 

Disband them and where do the shares they own go to? Shares that run of the mill Rangers supporters like you and me paid for? 

2 hours ago, gaspard said:

Iirc, and I may be wrong, but didn't the approach to castore not relate to the elite/Hummel jv rather than specifically the castore deal? In so much as castore were perhaps party to the status of this contract which was, as far as elite were concerned still valid.

If C1872 wanted info on the more recent merchandise fiasco, couldn't they just have asked the man in charge.

In charge of both the fiasco and seemingly of C1872.

5 minutes ago, CammyF said:

In your opinion. 

Disband them and where do the shares they own go to? Shares that run of the mill Rangers supporters like you and me paid for? 

I own shares in my name. I was never stupid enough to think it was a good idea to hand over money to some wide boys so that they could buy and control shares. Turns out I was right.

If Club1872 need to offload shares I'm sure they have excellent records of whose money bought them.

Edited by Bill

1 minute ago, Bill said:

I own shares in my name. I was never stupid enough to think it was a good idea to hand over money to some wide boys so that they could buy and control shares. Turns out I was right.

If Club1872 good to offload shares I'm sure they have excellent records of whose money bought them.

Never Gonna happen - you know it and I know it. 

C1872 can be a success but not under the current structure and regime. 

I stopped contributing shortly after I started contributing as it was clear the issues they'd encounter going forward. 

I also own shares in my own name, I also lost shares. Doesn't make an organisation like C1872 less (or more) relevant.