[FT] Ross County 0 - 1 Rangers (Lundstram 35)

8 minutes ago, Sutton_blows_goats said:

The past doesn’t matter. All that matters is what’s possible moving forward. No room for sentiment in football. We have a bloated squad because we have so many who can’t play 2 games a week. I think our manager recognises this.

Our manager will have a list in his head with just about every player 19-24 who played u-19 for EPL clubs when he was at Liverpool and Chelsea and I hope he taps into it. We need some young hungry players.

Didn't say there is room for sentiment just some players who are genuinely injured (or ill) getting criticised for "not playing" or when they do play "under performing".

Beale said he is sticking with players he knows and trusts until he can get the majority of the squad back and has also said he has identified a couple of positions that need strengthened.

Fans expecting a huge turnaround in players in January are going to be as disappointed as I was the year I asked for but didn't receive a Chopper for my Christmas (and there were genuine reasons why my folks didn't/couldn't get me a Chopper). 

11 minutes ago, Bill said:

To be fair to Matondo, he's not getting special treatment. He's earned his criticism by his own efforts. The moment he stops playing like Violet Beauregarde he might earn some praise too. They perform, we react, that's how this thing works.

But some of the criticism is unfair and last night he was singled out when others missed as easy opportunities as he did.

He created a good chance not long after he was introduced when he fired a ball across goal and Alfie was not far from connecting with it. 

He then hit a great shot that the keeper saved and IMO a fully fit / switched on Alfie would have diverted the rebound into the net. 

He should have scored when one on one with keeper (or passed to Kent) but he didn't take the right choice. 

Same happened a few times in final third when players chose the wrong option but they weren't slaughtered. 

Strange that we aren't discussing his good parts (highlighted above) but are focusing on the one thing he did wrong whilst glossing over other players "errors". 

The manager answered a question about Matondo post-match which mentioned earlier - maybe worth reflecting on his words and giving the lad some support. 

2 hours ago, Bill said:

He's just one more of our squad being played out of position. What I'd like to see is Devine played at RB and then assessment of his performance might have some meaning. It might also improve our defensive capabilities because Tav gets more of a liability with every game - if it wasn't for his role taking every corner, free kick and throw in, it would be hard to say what he did in the last 3 games.

He was always going to regress as he ages and I think it was a mistake to give such a high paid player a long term deal. He has no real transfer value at his age. I get he is a good servant to the club etc but the decline was inevitable, even if I didn’t expect it to happen so soon. You are correct his form this season has been non existent for whatever reason.

13 hours ago, Gonzo79 said:

Celtic aren't exactly thumping anyone at the moment either.  

You Jackass!

Never tempt the bad Juju!

In the spirit of the season: 'Jesus replied, “It is also written: ‘Do not put the [bad juju] to the test.’"' 

30 minutes ago, Rousseau said:

You Jackass!

Never tempt the bad Juju!

In the spirit of the season: 'Jesus replied, “It is also written: ‘Do not put the [bad juju] to the test.’"' 

Anyone else get St Mirren at 6/4 to defeat The Sheep today? 

I know, I know  - few minutes to go so not counting ma chickens (our pound coins) just yet. 

2 hours ago, CammyF said:

But some of the criticism is unfair and last night he was singled out when others missed as easy opportunities as he did.

He created a good chance not long after he was introduced when he fired a ball across goal and Alfie was not far from connecting with it. 

He then hit a great shot that the keeper saved and IMO a fully fit / switched on Alfie would have diverted the rebound into the net. 

He should have scored when one on one with keeper (or passed to Kent) but he didn't take the right choice. 

Same happened a few times in final third when players chose the wrong option but they weren't slaughtered. 

Strange that we aren't discussing his good parts (highlighted above) but are focusing on the one thing he did wrong whilst glossing over other players "errors". 

The manager answered a question about Matondo post-match which mentioned earlier - maybe worth reflecting on his words and giving the lad some support. 

You HAVE been for treatment 😂