Smith got it wrong

We paid good money for Whittaker and Naismith, players we didn't really need (i would have left Naismith for another season) but couldn't bankroll a proper bid for Brown?

I'm looking in Mr Murray's direction (once again!)

Cant say i agree with that - Im totally looking at Walter about this. Why why why on earth did he pay big money for Whittaker and if he chased Naismith so much why not play him

Cant say i agree with that - Im totally looking at Walter about this. Why why why on earth did he pay big money for Whittaker and if he chased Naismith so much why not play him

did we ever seriously think of matching the scum's bid for Brown? Seemed like we couldn't afford it, but we then found money for other players?

It baffles me!

We paid good money for Whittaker and Naismith, players we didn't really need (i would have left Naismith for another season) but couldn't bankroll a proper bid for Brown?

I'm looking in Mr Murray's direction (once again!)

But according to Murray it want Brown's transfer fee that was the problem, it was the salary he was looking for, and getting offered, at Parkhead.

He said that paying Brown 25k a week would have sent the wrong signals to the other young players ni the squad and would have screwed up the wage budget.

IMO we should have tried to secure Brown in January instead of Thomson - and given a choice I would have saved the cash on Thomson and Whittaker and taken Brown and gven him the wages he wanted.

There's no doubt WS got it wrong,however IMO the players on the park could've/should've done more,they looked like they were out for a stroll about the park

Which is the EXACT same attitude we saw from Rangers players 2 years ago during our CL run.

Pumped up for the big CL night and then CHEATING the punters on an SPL weekend game !

I don't understand why Smith plays Thomson, Hemdani and Fergie in the same XI in the SPL, let alone at home. Never have done and never will. I've been saying for a while now that I don't think Smith knows his best XI and that he's unwilling to drop certain players even if it might mean a more balanced and attacking formation. Unfortunately I still stand by that. We've got a much, much stronger squad with lots of options, but I don't understand why WS won't change things around, particularly in the midfield, to try and sort out our lack of attacking drive and creativity.

I also don't think the changing of tactics and team selection is helping anyone concerned, particularly the younger lads in the team.

The primary fault is his reliance on his preferred 4-1-4-1 formation. Works ok in Europe where your expected to get a fair bit of pressure against you and are looking to counter attack, but in the SPL, come on Walter.

In all due respect, teams like Hibs should be coming to Ibrox and AT MOST be looking for a draw. Over the last couple of seasons the fear factor seems to have disappeared from Ibrox and teams are coming knowing that if they have a go they have a chance of taking something from the game. Whereas Rangers should be looking to get at them from the off, taking the game to them and putting them on back foot.

Looking at our squad compared to the other teams in the SPL i would say we had the best. Walter should be able to rotate, and surely the guys coming in should be raising their games to try and keep their places. Doesn't seem to be happening though. I mean Daniel Cousin was outstanding during the week, so why was he on the bench on Saturday???

As for Whittaker..I think he was brought to Ibrox mainly for the European games. Think that showed in the performance over in Lyon. Hutton bombs forward down the wing as the countering attacking full back and Whittaker drops in to cover the RB position. Makes you wonder if Walter would be better served playing Whittaker at RB for a spell and Hutton as right midfield.

Malky