Smith got it wrong

Are you quite happy to see another trophyless season too then? And seeing Stephen Mcmanus lifting the SPL trophy. As for making up ground - we've lost five points in the space of two weeks. We can't afford many more

Happy of course I'm not what a stupid question!

we've got beat get over it the result won't change, slagging virtually every player, the manager and the tactics won't change or help it. you need to learn from mistakes and take them on board. that was WS first home defeat since his return, he has done great from where we were this time last season but can't work miracles. I question his tactics and team selection but it won't stop him doing what he and the rest of the managerial team thinks is right will it? I am right behind him and AM etc and give them my full backing even if I don't agree with them all the time. They get paid for their opinion even it's right or wrong!

Boyd up front himself won't work so why did he play him? that was a weird one. But then Boyd got no help from the 5 midfielders we had, nothing at all, no width in the team again strange yes, but I've seen so many posts slagging Boyd off it's unreal. For me he done all he could, his game is scoring goals, which wins games does it not? But if you don't play to his strengths then there is no point in picking him IMO.

You need a balanced team of all characters not just 11 players who run about like headless chickens for 90 mins which I think some Rangers fans would prefer!! Boyd is and never will be a worker although he has improved IMO but will never do what Novo or Prso does/did, if he did I doubt he would be here!

Everyone shouted for Hemdani to come in and he did but him and the rest of the midfield were shocking all 5 of them IMO.

On the fans side they are so fickle and quiet it's shameful, ok we could do with something to get us going but if we don't get that we sit and moan and are so quiet we should be ashamed. I'm glad I sit in the BO section as I heard nothing from any other stand on sat. It was depressing enough getting beat but just to sit there be quiet and not try and get behind the team would be far worse!!!

I was looking forward to the game to be honest but I wasn't impressed by either team and the Hivs didn't impress me at all and our midfield let us down IMO.

Everyone shouted for Hemdani to come in and he did but him and the rest of the midfield were shocking all 5 of them IMO.

aye, everyone here has been slagging walter for weeks for not playing hemdani, and now he has, there's a new 'obvious' thing to moan about.

Totally agree that WS got it wrong on Saturday. IMO we shouldn't be playing a 4-5-1 or 4-1-4-1 at home. Now I don't know what is going on behind the scenes and I've not seen the players in training but if we are going to play this formation (which is designed for counter attacking plays) we need to have a lot more attacking pace in the midfield i.e Beasley, Burke, Novo etc but we actually played with 3 defensive midfielders Hemdani, Thomson and Whittaker and another with no pace, Adam. Barry also had an off day. The tactics were all wrong and I hope that we can learn from these recent mistakes however, I thought last season was the time to get those out of our system.

Worryingly WS didn't make any changes either at half time or immediately after they scored. It was almost 10 mins after they scored before the first subs came on!!

Totally agree that WS got it wrong on Saturday. IMO we shouldn't be playing a 4-5-1 or 4-1-4-1 at home. Now I don't know what is going on behind the scenes and I've not seen the players in training but if we are going to play this formation (which is designed for counter attacking plays) we need to have a lot more attacking pace in the midfield i.e Beasley, Burke, Novo etc but we actually played with 3 defensive midfielders Hemdani, Thomson and Whittaker and another with no pace, Adam. Barry also had an off day. The tactics were all wrong and I hope that we can learn from these recent mistakes however, I thought last season was the time to get those out of our system.

Worryingly WS didn't make any changes either at half time or immediately after they scored. It was almost 10 mins after they scored before the first subs came on!!

Totally agree mate, if WS is to make the 451 / 433 formation work then he must play with more attacking players out wide, i would say you could pick two wide players out of Novo, Beasley, Gow, Burke, Naismith.

Playing Adam and whittaker wide might work in europe but when we have to play more attacking i.e. in the SPL, then they are totally useless.

We just shouldn't be playing one up front, at home, in the SPL. We've got a solid back 5, the supposed best midfielder the country has to offer, strikers coming out our ears. If you're gona play one up then surely Cousin, Darch, Novo, McCulloch, Naismith are all better at running with the ball, holding the ball up, chasing lost causes than Boyd. So basically he's 6th choice in that position. Against a team that's battling for top spot! C'mon Walter get a grip.

we've got beat get over it the result won't change, slagging virtually every player, the manager and the tactics won't change or help it. you need to learn from mistakes and take them on board. that was WS first home defeat since his return, he has done great from where we were this time last season but can't work miracles.

We should have learned about complicency by now though. We got a few reminders towards the end of last season when we had a few poor draws at home, and i said then these are the games we must get rid of for next season.

You need a balanced team of all characters not just 11 players who run about like headless chickens for 90 mins which I think some Rangers fans would prefer!! Boyd is and never will be a worker although he has improved IMO but will never do what Novo or Prso does/did, if he did I doubt he would be here!

Why does so many people use this headless chicken saying? Its like saying we either have a player who stands about and cant do anything unless the other ten players play to HIS game (Boyd) or we have Sebo who just runs about like an idiot. This is garbage, there is such thing as an in between.

Walter should know first hand that having a good front 2 partnership works a treat as he had Hateley and McCoist for long enough.

As others have said the likes of JCD, Cousin, Novo and Naismith would all be a better option we we play this crazy 1 man upfront at home.

Yeah all 3 were poor but this was Fergusons 3rd poor match in a row and Thomsons 2nd in a row in the SPL. For Hemdani to come in and change it on his own isnt going to happen when the rest of the team arent at the races (or maybe they were).

It players like Gow and Buffel who will give that spark when the team needs it.