[FT] Hearts 0 - 3 Rangers (Morelos 9, 67; Tillman 34)

As everyone has said that was very enjoyable last night from the first minute to the last.

Tempo, aggression, strength, energy and belief have all been missing through most games this season but that wasn't the case last night. Just a pity we didn't score more than the three goals our dominance merited but that shouldn't takeaway from such a good performance.

That's the level we need to find every week now. There really is no excuse when so many more than decent players are fit, available and, crucially, competing for their place in the side.

9 minutes ago, Rousseau said:

Stability in the back-four is surely bearing fruit, too.  

As Bill said I thought we were still a bit too open at times last night but can't really argue when we all want to see a high press. I did feel before the game that the centre midfielders and full backs would be important and all four had very good games by and large. I thought Tav seemed to be moving as well as I have seen him for a while.

2 hours ago, Rousseau said:

He'S tOo sLoW!

hE cOsTs ToO mUcH!

The real complaint is about his obvious laziness. Few understand this.

I think he has improved that lately.

Choice of metrics can be funny though. If we pay the fee and he racks up goals and assists without collecting any league winner medals then we will not be pleased.

Of course when we reach that stage we will see stuff like: lOoK aT tHe pOsT tHrOw iN xG bEtWeEn 30 aNd 38 mInUtEs!

Edited by ranger_syntax

2 hours ago, ranger_syntax said:

The real complaint is about his obvious laziness. Few understand this.

I think he has improved that lately.

Choice of metrics can be funny though. If we pay the fee and he racks up goals and assists without collecting any league winner medals then we will not be pleased.

Of course when we reach that stage we will see stuff like: lOoK aT tHe pOsT tHrOw iN xG bEtWeEn 30 aNd 38 mInUtEs!

Lazieness lol. 

utter nonsense proven to be so by the facts.

Obviously, you will have to take into account that Hearts wanted to play their game at home and show what damage they can do. We never let them, yet they neither tried to get back to the brickwall-tactics other teams use and thus got hammered all night long. It is on us to do a similar "press and in their faces " -style like we did last night, so the game against Ross County might look somewhat different - and that's been the case before.

Still, we now have players capable of providing that sort of game, either newly signed or back from injury. So no excuses (as the saying goes).

Edited by der Berliner