[FT] Rangers 2 (Tillman 45+2'; Barisic 75') - 1 Ross County

3 hours ago, CammyF said:

Wasn't at the game today but sounds like I didn't miss much.

Take the 3 points and move on! 

Was at game todayand :-

1) Referee worst yet this season absolutely pathetic.

2) Yet another bus parking team(most of (game).

3) A few solid displays Tillman,Cantwell Goldson/Davies.Sakala and in some ways Morelos.*

4) Keeper problem deepening although he had one good save.

5) Full backs need rested.

6) Finally, today the absolutely ridiculous flagging for off-side rule resulted in an injury due to late flag.This was always going to happen and unfotunately for Lundstram he was the victim.

* Did not include late subs.

Edited by MacK1950

2 hours ago, PoohBear said:

We play with one striker who isn’t a finisher or poacher. When he’s on his game he can do the other stuff well but his finishing is the weakest part of his game. Colak had pretty much equalled Morelos’ goal tally for the past 3 seasons prior to the break. I can understand why Beale is considering playing both.

Morelos had an xG of 0.98 today. Pretty poor not to score from that. 

Loved that assist from Cantwell today. He’s exactly the kind of player we’ve been missing, a joy to watch. Tillman such a big player for us too, the combination of creativity and goal scoring is something we haven’t had in that position. 

We played some excellent stuff, particularly in the first half, but struggled to create many clear cut chances with RC sitting deep.  I worried about their height at set pieces and with McLaughlin flapping in the goal and no-one able to clear the ball  we were lucky to only concede one.  It looks like we have got 2 really good players in Cantwell and Raskin.  Cantwell and Tillman were our best players.  As for the ref, dreadful performance.

Edited by Blue Moon

24 minutes ago, Blue Moon said:

We played some excellent stuff, particularly in the first half, but struggled to create many clear cut chances with RC sitting deep.  I worried about their height at set pieces and with McLaughlin flapping in the goal and no-one able to clear the ball  we were lucky to only concede one.  It looks like we have got 2 really good players in Cantwell and Raskin.  Cantwell and Tillman were our best players.  As for the ref, dreadful performance.

Did we have too many creative players on the park ?

It didn't turn into the creating of many chances.

As I said during the game, this is still a work-in-progress,....that needs the summer transfer window and a pre-season to bed in. Beale was never likely to make a sensational start with the squad he inherited but there has been progress and he has won the confidence of most of the support. League Cup Final is shaping up to be more important then the norm.

Real positive for me is Raskin.

He looks like a dynamic type, who can carry the ball and has the technical ability to do somthing useful with it.

17 minutes ago, buster. said:

Real positive for me is Raskin.

He looks like a dynamic type, who can carry the ball and has the technical ability to do somthing useful with it.

I’m just hoping we can get Raskin, Cantwell and Tillman playing together. We’ll be so much better to watch. 

6 hours ago, CammyF said:

Wasn't at the game today but sounds like I didn't miss much.

Take the 3 points and move on! 

True. However it was for me another boring match, it really is tiresome attending Ibrox these days!

Not a memorable performance but it's not easy to play attractive football when the opposition set up so defensively (I don't blame them though).  

Raskin looked up for it and Cantwell is showing some real promise.