Morelos tweet

19 minutes ago, PoohBear said:

Poor argument really, it's nothing to do with his fee or 'rangers fans being rangers fans', it's looking at him and asking whether he is reliable enough to give a new contract to. For me, certainly not as a top earner anyway, and whatever contract we did give would have to be loaded with incentives rather than a high salary.

And that's a poor argument as well as you (nor me) are in any position to offer Alfie ANY deal, never mind one "loaded" with incentives. 

Nor are we in a position to decide if he stays or goes. 

The bottom line is MB likes him, seems to get the best out of him and from what I've heard in press conferences, would like him to stay. 

Whether he stays (no matter what the deal) or goes, we'll just have to live with it. 

11 minutes ago, CammyF said:

And that's a poor argument as well as you (nor me) are in any position to offer Alfie ANY deal, never mind one "loaded" with incentives. 

Nor are we in a position to decide if he stays or goes. 

The bottom line is MB likes him, seems to get the best out of him and from what I've heard in press conferences, would like him to stay. 

Whether he stays (no matter what the deal) or goes, we'll just have to live with it. 

Oh right, well as none of us have any power let's just close the forum rather than discuss it!

19 minutes ago, PoohBear said:

Oh right, well as none of us have any power let's just close the forum rather than discuss it!

That is not what I said - you've just done a great impression of Alfie there 😀 

We can discuss until the cows come home, but ultimately, and no matter what we think, the decision lies with MB and Alfie - simply as that

1 minute ago, CammyF said:

That is not what I said - you've just done a great impression of Alfie there 😀 

We can discuss until the cows come home, but ultimately, and no matter what we think, the decision lies with MB and Alfie - simply as that

You're saying my argument is poor because I'm not in a position to offer Alfie anything. So why bother discussing it? May as well not then.

28 minutes ago, PoohBear said:

You're saying my argument is poor because I'm not in a position to offer Alfie anything. So why bother discussing it? May as well not then.

You're argument is poor for the reasons I've given, as is mine for the same reasons. 

Never said that we can't discuss it. Feel free, but yours or my arguments or opinion will not determine if Alfie stays or goes. 

On 03/02/2023 at 21:52, 26th of foot said:

This is a discussion about Alfredo, let the arguments stand. If others can punch a hole in the argument provided, let it stand. Such discussion makes us ALL stronger.

Alfie has had it hard here in Scotland. Just go on the court convictions for launching coins, bottles, spitting, coffee cups, ..... etc at him at Fir Park, Easter Road, Love Street; then the banners at Pitoddrie in Spanish proclaiming his Mother to be a mattress, ra Sellik fans wanting him prosecuted for driving away from a planned ambush in a Glasgow underground car park, the hatred of PQ because he was precocious, .......... etc.

He is the best striker we have had since McCoist and, he was THE best ie 357 career goals for Rangers. Boyd has impressive stats but, he failed in Europe and Walter did not trust him against ra Sellik, I believe he notched one goal. Alfie has doubled the total against ra green'n'grey hooped horrors and, collected 28 European goals, our all time best Euro scorer.

It's akin to those old soul songs, you never missed your water 'till it's gone. The very fact Alfie fcuked with Michael Stewart's head for two years and BBC Scotland gave him all the rope. Irvine Welsh wanted him cut to pieces with a machette and, fed to seagulls and, he ran past Scott Brown and slapped him on the back of his napper ..........

Ah, you gotta luv him?

Great post.  Sums up how I feel.  I love Alfie and want to keep him but last weekend I was saying I was giving up on him.  He elicits a split personality in me.  I don't think he will make it at a top club and it would be a mistake for him to leave.

Edited by Blue Moon

Five and a half years Alfredo's been with us now, and for at least four of those years there's been discussion about him moving away to another club.

I think sometimes a player is the right fit for a club, and vice versa , that's not to say he won't get a move, but i think it may take that move for him to realise that he's already in the best place.