Scottish Cup Memories

Winning the Scottish Cup in May was silver lining to what was an ultimately unsuccessful season and right on the back of the heartache in Saville.

We'll all have our favourite cup memories and games we'd like to forget. 

This one is firmly in the later category and happened 8 years ago today.

I'm 99% sure I was at this game but have no memories of it other than the result. Erased from memory! 

If the game / result weren't bad enough, check out our team which featured Remie Streete....

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/31079381

14 hours ago, CammyF said:

I'm 99% sure I was at this game but have no memories of it other than the result. Erased from memory! 

I'm the same. I was probably there but don't recall anything about the game, even the result. Here's so much about that period that's easily erased.

The good: 3-1 v Dundee 1964

The bad: 2-3 v Hibs 2016

The ugly: 0-4 v celtic 1969

These are all finals. Meanwhile, in other rounds:

The unbelievable: 0-1 v Hamilton 1987

The impossible: 0-1 v Berwick 1967

The aw naw: 0-6 v Aberdeen (I wasn’t there but the radio commentary is seared into the memory banks)

good one Rangers 3 Celtic 0 replay 1963

a bad one Rangers v  Hibs 1979 was like an endurance test 

ugly ones any that was lost 

one with a wake up call was Berwick instead of Forrest going it should have been the manager i was told Symon never  took to Jim for whatever reason  management was entering a new era with the track suit man why does it always take us so long to see the bigger picture .

44 minutes ago, Bill said:

We've both won and lost many finals. Only one defeat left so much pain I'll never really get over it ..... the 4-0 loss to Celtic in 1969. That was truly horrendous. 

Left that one st half time 

1 hour ago, Bill said:

We've both won and lost many finals. Only one defeat left so much pain I'll never really get over it ..... the 4-0 loss to Celtic in 1969. That was truly horrendous. 

My one lasting memory of that final was John Greig trying to dribble at the edge the 18yd box and losing out, 4th goal?