[FT] Rangers 3 (Colak 50; Tillman 71; Sands 86) - 2 Partick Thistle

2 hours ago, JohnMc said:

Richard Gough once ordered our players not to score against Hearts after they'd been reduced to 8 men in a match at Ibrox. When does the petition to strip him of his place in the Hall Of Fame begin? 

I could understand the anger this seems to be generating if we'd lost yesterday. 

We're allowed to disgree with Gough's decision without the hysteria of wanting him stripped of his place in the Hall of Fame. Likewise, we're allowed to disagree with Beale's decision yesterday without it going any further.

4 minutes ago, ranger_syntax said:

Perhaps combining it with later comments will help. In particular the exchange with the fellow who described Di Canio's example as irrelevant. (As an aside I suspect he is unwittingly agreeing with me)

You can follow the example of a loser or you can follow the example of a winner. See where each path leads you.

We won the game whilst displaying some class.  So which example are we following ?

1 hour ago, buster. said:

How difficult is this to understand!!

Their forwards would have allowed our defenders to gain possession before the competitive resumption.

You've got no idea whether that's true. 

1 hour ago, buster. said:

You are losing it BD.

It is the unwritten convention of what goes on in today's professional game.

A defender will never throw it directly to opposition if close to their own goal.

It's a written rule not to deliberately stamp on an opponent and yet it happened.

We'll need to agree to disagree on this one.

42 minutes ago, ranger_syntax said:

You would only need to give it a little thought to understand.

Take the simple example of the lauded loser Di Canio.

You can win plenty of matches while failing to win a meaningful trophy.

You've no idea how much pleasure I take from watching you make a complete clown of yourself over this issue ... so I thought I should let you know.

Jurassic Park Dancing GIF by Spotify

21 minutes ago, Bill said:

You've no idea how much pleasure I take from watching you make a complete clown of yourself over this issue ... so I thought I should let you know.

Jurassic Park Dancing GIF by Spotify

I'm really sorry that I laughed at your clever point about how you would do a poo somewhere.

2 hours ago, craig said:

As an addendum to this... Connor Goldson is absolutely captain material... at full time he basically rushed to Tillman's side so that he had protection should any of the Thistle player want "afters"

Instead of frothing over the manager's decision to allow PT a free goal yesterday, we might think seriously about the long overdue decision to appoint a new captain as a further signal that change is upon us. Beale needs to find a way to do this without causing upset in the ranks but the lack of leadership on the park from the present incumbent is glaring, especially when the contrast with someone like Goldson is so stark. Out of the current crop we maybe have 3 or 4 who could bring authority to the role but probably only one clear choice. Who knows, if relieved of the burden of captaincy, Tav might actually rediscover enough form to take a half decent corner kick again.