[FT] Rangers 3 (Colak 50; Tillman 71; Sands 86) - 2 Partick Thistle

45 minutes ago, ranger_syntax said:

Nope.

Feel free to read again.

I've read it a couple of times and that's all I could gather from your post.

I don't get people who are so against what we did. They would be livid at anything like that if it happened against us, such a strange paradox.

Personally I think Beale did the right thing.

I am a "fuck everyone except Rangers" person myself but I also expect and want our club to operate with the highest standards possible.  We still ran out winners but did so by acting with class and integrity.

Tillman, to his defence, hadn't a clue what had happened as he was rolling around in agony from a stamp on his ankle when Colak put the ball out of play.  What makes this instance more of a challenge to get the head around than the Leeds vs Villa one is that the Thistle player took an eternity to get the ball under control before looking to launch it to McGregor - but his intent to clear to our back line was clear.

Think we did the right thing.  Let the rest of Scottish football show how classless they are - I expect more of our club and I saw it yesterday in how this was handled.

6 hours ago, Rousseau said:

I thought it was the right call. 

The only thing that annoyed me was that when Tillman was assaulted by three/four Partick players, his teammates didn't back him up quickly or hard enough. 

Yes they did.  He was probably 20 or more yards ahead of every other player - they got there in numbers not long after he was shoved to the ground.

29 minutes ago, PoohBear said:

I've read it a couple of times and that's all I could gather from your post.

I don't get people who are so against what we did. They would be livid at anything like that if it happened against us, such a strange paradox.

Perhaps combining it with later comments will help. In particular the exchange with the fellow who described Di Canio's example as irrelevant. (As an aside I suspect he is unwittingly agreeing with me)

You can follow the example of a loser or you can follow the example of a winner. See where each path leads you.

5 hours ago, Bluedell said:

If Thistle wanted to give us the ball back they could have thrown it straight to us. 

Where exactly was the guy going to kick it after his second or third touch? To one of our players or out the park? Nobody can say for sure what his intentions were. What Rangers players were free at that point? Would Thistle have challenged us immediately?

If Thistle want sporting then why didn't the take the player off who deliberately stamped on Tillman and play the game with 10 men?

What would your opinion be if we were knocked out the cup because of it? 

Is it right only because it's Thistle? You say that you agree that it's disgraceful if he'd ordered it done against Celtic, but surely we as a club should be consistent and it's disrespectful to Thistle to gift them a goal because we look at them being weak.

Tillman did nothing wrong and I'm still angry at Beale's decision.

I don't think I have ever said this to you BD but the above just seems wildly exaggerated.

1.  The Thistle players are never throwing a ball back to you when they are fairly deep inside their own half.  Common wisdom is throw in to team-mate who then launches up the park - as he was intending to do (just had an awful first touch)

2.  When did you last witness a team willingly remove a player because of a red card incident that they got away with ?  That is just emotional nonsense BD.

3.  I wouldnt be best pleased if we were knocked out because of it - but that is irrelevant because we werent.

4.  I would say we should do it against anyone in the same circumstances - it is these moments of class which separate us and I would hate for us to be dragged to their levels (anyoen remember the 89 Cup Final when Aitken took a throw in and Joe Miller scored the only goal to win the cup - was a Rangers throw-in.  Let them be classlessm it is who they are).

5.  Tillman shouldnt have chased down the ball - however, Beale's explanation of WHY he did it made perfect sense.  None of this is on Tillman though.

5 minutes ago, craig said:

Yes they did.  He was probably 20 or more yards ahead of every other player - they got there in numbers not long after he was shoved to the ground.

As an addendum to this... Connor Goldson is absolutely captain material... at full time he basically rushed to Tillman's side so that he had protection should any of the Thistle player want "afters"