[FT] Rangers 3 (Colak 50; Tillman 71; Sands 86) - 2 Partick Thistle

14 hours ago, CammyF said:

I said last night that I thought it was not the correct decision and stand by that today. PT were NOT giving us the ball back and were not "sporting" during the game (nothing wring with that).

However, MB has explained why he did it and I'm happy with his explanation and not going to hold it against him or the players.

Time to put it to bed and move along. 

I think the blame needs to be put on the referee for not calling the stamp as a foul and a red card before we can forget about it and move along. Every other week at Ibrox we all see referees let the dross level it up with rough house tactics and it needs to stop. 

I wonder if being at the game and being caught up in the emotion of the game has coloured the views of some (including myself) compared to those watching it elsewhere?

I also wonder what the cut-off is for those supportive of Beale's decision. Are you in favour of us doing it against Celtic? Aberdeen? Hibs? Hearts? Where is the line?

I was discussing it with a Jambo at work today.

As I posted yesterday I was fairly happy with Beale's reasoning but I also think if the circumstances were different then so would have been his decision. For example, if we were 0-1 down with 5mins left would he have done the same thing? I doubt it.

As such, I think the manager and perhaps the game in general need to discuss the issue.  However, it's worth noting the situation was extremely unusual and unlikely to happen again any time soon.

34 minutes ago, Bluedell said:

I wonder if being at the game and being caught up in the emotion of the game has coloured the views of some (including myself) compared to those watching it elsewhere?

I also wonder what the cut-off is for those supportive of Beale's decision. Are you in favour of us doing it against Celtic? Aberdeen? Hibs? Hearts? Where is the line?

Yeah, it should not happen against any other premiership team. I also feel like without calling out the no foul award for the stamp we are accepting some kind of blame for this when in reality we have went over and above to placate the other team. I get all the talk about standards etc but I dont want this incident setting some kind of precedent for our players being fouled, it being missed by the ref and then other teams expecting something from us. 

Tillman was the player wronged here. 

17 hours ago, ranger_syntax said:

No.

Don't know.

No.

Don't know.

So I am therefore not sure how we set a losing example given we a) won the match and b) are through to the next round and this incident has not prevented us from winning a trophy.

Disappointing to see you revert to old posting types R_S - the abrupt posting and not engaging was something I had noticed you move away from and it was refreshing.  Each to their own though :thup: 

2 hours ago, Bluedell said:

Personally the line isnt in who the opponent is - the line for me is whether it is the right thing to do or not.  It was the right thing to do IMHO, therefore should have been done against ANY opponent.

Had we lost the game I would have been annoyed for sure - but that still wouldnt mean it wasnt the right thing to do.

If a team puts the ball out of play, for whatever reason, that team loses possession and the other team can do what it likes with the ball. Resume play on that basis.

You certainly can’t expect to get it back because your own chap was injured. If you put it out because the other fellow was hurt, return of the ball is within the gift of his teammates so don’t expect anything. If the opposing team decides to give the ball back, do it by means of a foul throw. Anything else leaves room for doubt.

Was Beale right or wrong? In the Corinthian league he was right. In this league he was wrong. Any media hysteria would have died down in a fortnight. I get the impression that the media line is Tillmann is the villain with some grudged acknowledgement of Beale’s remedial measures. I don’t study media reports so it could be a wrong impression.