[FT] Livingston 0 - 3 Rangers (Tavernier 24pen, 78; Roofe 85)

2 hours ago, Bill said:

Fortunately, RTV is excellent at allowing the worldwide Rangers support to see almost every game. Why would anyone go elsewhere?

The casual viewer or someone who has already paid for a service including sky sports may not fork out for RTV. I think Scottish football needs all the promotion and coverage it can get. Sky on the other hand prefer not to show it. 

Edited by Sutton_blows_goats

40 minutes ago, Sutton_blows_goats said:

The casual viewer or someone who has already paid for a service including sky sports may not fork out for RTV. I think Scottish football needs all the promotion and coverage it can get. Sky on the other hand prefer not to show it. 

What about someone who has forked out for an annual RTV subscription but doesn’t have Sky?

12 hours ago, Bill said:

What about someone who has forked out for an annual RTV subscription but doesn’t have Sky?

Then it wouldn’t matter as sky shows in the UK and RTV outwith.

My original point is that sky have paid a pittance for the tv rights here and can’t even be bothered to show games. It’s not beneficial for SPFL exposure or supporters in the UK.

Not sure that circumventing broadcasting rights using VPNs or different broadcast options for non UK viewers is relevant in any way.

Edited by Sutton_blows_goats

33 minutes ago, Sutton_blows_goats said:

It’s not beneficial for SPFL exposure or supporters in the UK.

I'm not sure showing Scottish football on TV is particularly beneficial to Scottish football.  

I wouldn't watch a single second of it if I wasn't a Rangers supporter.  

People who attend matches should always come first and you never know, attendances might go up if it's never on the box.

12 minutes ago, Gonzo79 said:

I'm not sure showing Scottish football on TV is particularly beneficial to Scottish football.  

I wouldn't watch a single second of it if I wasn't a Rangers supporter.  

People who attend matches should always come first and you never know, attendances might go up if it's never on the box.

Livingstons stadium will be full, not sure how attendance will go up. 

46 minutes ago, Sutton_blows_goats said:

Then it wouldn’t matter as sky shows in the UK and RTV outwith.

My original point is that sky have paid a pittance for the tv rights here and can’t even be bothered to show games. It’s not beneficial for SPFL exposure or supporters in the UK.

Not sure that circumventing broadcasting rights using VPNs or different broadcast options for non UK viewers is relevant in any way.

I live in the UK and either me or someone in my family never miss a RTV live game. It's time the silly old argument that RTV isn't available in the UK was put to bed for good.