Hall of Fame

McGregor, Davis and Tav inducted last night. 

I'd much prefer that this was restricted to people who were no longer playing. 

It shows a lack of imagination that the club couldn't find any potential inductees from our numerous past players who deserve it. 

Completely agree. It's ridiculous to induct current players. This just devalues the whole concept of a Hall of Fame.

I'd even go further and say no one should be inducted until at least 5 years after they stop playing for Rangers. If there really are no deserving ex-players then no one should be inducted.

I don't know if they still hold to it but Blackpool have/had a limit of 5 players per decade.

I know because my uncle managed to get in as one of the five beside Mathews and Mortensen in the 50's. Pardon the excuse to shout about my uncle.

Five a decade gives it real value. All it is now is an excuse for more events, ker-ching.

5 minutes ago, buster. said:

Pardon the excuse to shout about my uncle.

If I had an uncle on the same board as Matthews and Mortensen you’d hear about it all day every day.

Stan Mortensen scores three in a cup final and it’s known as “Matthews’ Final”. Gordon Durie, you are not alone

22 minutes ago, buster. said:

I don't know if they still hold to it but Blackpool have/had a limit of 5 players per decade.

I know because my uncle managed to get in as one of the five beside Mathews and Mortensen in the 50's. Pardon the excuse to shout about my uncle.

Five a decade gives it real value. All it is now is an excuse for more events, ker-ching.

That makes good sense to me although I could be persuaded to make it ten per decade

2 hours ago, buster. said:

You should be proud of an uncle who played alongside real legends.

37 minutes ago, compo said:

You should be proud of an uncle who played alongside real legends.

A Scottish international inside forward in the days when that meant something so maybe not so far off a legend himself. The competition for an international place included Billy Steel, Jimmy Wardhaugh, Alfie Conn, Bobby Johnstone. Who do you leave out?

12 minutes ago, Scott7 said:

A Scottish international inside forward in the days when that meant something so maybe not so far off a legend himself. The competition for an international place included Billy Steel, Jimmy Wardhaugh, Alfie Conn, Bobby Johnstone. Who do you leave out?

Sadly these players today would be sent out to play some weird system and would never have blossomed.