[FT] Rangers 1 (Morelos 64) - 2 Celtic

9 minutes ago, MacK1950 said:

Going back to Tavervier if he were to show so much attention to his defensive duties as the attention and fussiness he does when making sure the ball is a millimetre over the corner arc maybe he might improve!!!!!!

It's strange how he (and others) can excel against far superior teams in Europe, yet struggle against SPFL teams.

I like Tav but even I can't defend hos performances this season. 

31 minutes ago, CammyF said:

I think the bottom line is lack of engagement and a clear plan that we can all see and whilst we may not all agree on it, I'm sure the vast majority would support it. 

This "win as many trophies as possible" but with bo apparent plan behind it is doomed to failure. 

We got a tantalising glimpse of how it should be when we won 55, got to EL final and sold Paterson, Bassey and Aribo for huge profits. 

Now we've stagnated (at best, maybe regressed is a more accurate description) and are falling behind our rival and it's hard to see how we bridge the gap. It's as if we are waiting on Celtic imploding again.

Our board may have a masterplan, they may have financial backers lined up, they may have a short, medium and long term business and football plan. Maybe they are just keeping it a secret.

This pretty much mirrors my own thoughts on the top level club vision. I wouldn’t say we are waiting on Celtic failing, probably looking at them and thinking they won’t get any better(rightly or wrongly).

I do see much more positives from Beales early tenure than I did from Gio’s. But again we are relying on a manager who could leave at any time to lay out a vision for the club.

Edited by Sutton_blows_goats

2 hours ago, CammyF said:

When the do make mistakes (I.e Lennon coming back for 10), they act quickly, decisively and rectify the issue. 

They have more money than us, their player trading model is far better than ours, and from the outside / afar, their board act quicker than ours on all matters (helps when they have the media wrapped around their fingers).

Just look at their recent domestic record v ours, it's night and day. 

Nothing you have said here answers the point.

You assume that they will continue to make good decisions.

No reason to assume that.

Just now, ranger_syntax said:

Nothing you have said here answers the point.

You assume that they will continue to make good decisions.

No reason to assume that.

Is it not better to assume they keep making good decisions and plan accordingly, rather than just hoping for the best?

Where did I say I was sobbing about winning trophies? However, our recent trophy haul shows that we cant maintain being on top and its on par with St Johnstone. If you're happy with that, then fare play.[sic]

It was me that said you were sobbing.  You never mentioned it but you were sobbing.

It's not on par with St Johnstone.  We won the league which is infinitely more important than any number of domestic cups.

They do get credit, but they must also take responsibility for our dire domestic situation and the apparent inability to get the investment we require to overhaul Celtic. 

We don't need investment.

We need to make better use of existing resources.

You talk about investment as if it does not come with a cost.

4 minutes ago, PoohBear said:

Is it not better to assume they keep making good decisions and plan accordingly, rather than just hoping for the best?

You're implying that the only alternative to additional investment is hoping for the best.

That is not the case and it should be obvious.

We can make better use of existing resources.  This should be a pre-requisite to investment.  Additional money without improvement would be like pouring petrol onto a bonfire.

8 minutes ago, ranger_syntax said:

It was me that said you were sobbing.  You never mentioned it but you were sobbing.

It's not on par with St Johnstone.  We won the league which is infinitely more important than any number of domestic cups.

Numerically it is, 1 league and 1 Scottish Cup is a very poor return. Its failure, no matter how you paint it.