Laura Fawkes Affirmation Poll | Club 1872

Poll: Club 1872 Affirmation

Dear Contributor,

The Club 1872 Articles of Association allow for up to one half of the serving board to seek affirmation for another term. Under the Articles, voted for by Contributors, this means that up to two existing directors can seek affirmation. 

The Club 1872 Board is delighted to announce that it has been agreed that Laura Fawkes will put herself forward for affirmation by Contributors following the end of her current term. 

If affirmed, Laura will serve one further term on the Club 1872 Board. Should she wish to continue beyond that time she would have to submit herself for election in line with the Club 1872 constitution. 

Laura has prepared the following statement to Contributors in support of her affirmation. 

“I am proud to have the support of my fellow Club 1872 Directors to put myself forward to Contributors for affirmation. It has been a great pleasure to serve with the current Directors, who share the same passion for fan representation at Rangers as I do. We have worked extremely well together and I hope I will be given the opportunity by Contributors to continue that work. I believe that stability is important even as we try to encourage more people to become involved with Club 1872 through working groups and the Board. I know that view is shared by my fellow Directors. 

Being a Club 1872 Director is a challenging role, but one which I passionately believe is vitally important. Club 1872 has had many challenges since its formation and many ups and downs but has been able to remain as the sixth largest shareholder in Rangers despite unprecedented levels of shareholder investment into the club during that time. During my time on the Board, Club 1872 has raised millions of pounds from our loyal Contributors which has both directly benefited Rangers and also led to the supporters retaining a crucial shareholding in the club. 

In the coming months and years it is my hope that we will see an increase in the shareholding of Club 1872 and, if given the opportunity by Contributors, I will continue to work hard to make that a reality. I believe that we now have the building blocks in place to take the organisation forward and there are many opportunities for growth with our digital marketing campaign, which is starting to bear fruit. Our recent survey has shown the importance of supporter representation at the club and we have plans in place to take that type of engagement forward, which I hope to be able to see through with your support.

Despite the harsh economic climate and all the challenges people have faced over the past few years, I am hugely grateful to all of our thousands of Contributors who have kept supporter representation high on their list of priorities. I hope to be given the opportunity to represent you as the Club 1872 Board puts your views and priorities directly to the current custodians of the club. It is essential that we all work together for the benefit of Rangers Football Club and that will be my focus if I am granted another term."

The poll will close at midnight on 1st March 2023.

Contributors can vote by logging into their Club 1872 account on the website and following the link to vote. Alternatively you can follow the Surveys link in the My Account area of the site. 

Club 1872

• Rousseau changed the title to Laura Fawkes Affirmation Poll | Club 1872
On 25/02/2023 at 23:42, forlanssister said:

Jesus wept.

This shambles is beyond parody now, there's more life in Monty Python's Norwegian Blue.

19 hours ago, Bill said:

The shitshow is turning into a comedy routine.

A comedy that doesn't even get a laugh. It is sad and pathetic but still a large shareholder in the club.

They have a nerve to complain of the board on behalf of their members when DK has been pulling their strings.