Septimana Horribilis - A Week of Failure

46 minutes ago, Frankie said:

Do we gamble more- last season’s Europa League Final run and this season’s Champions League group stage appearance will have topped up the coffers along with income from the sales Bassey and Aribo but other outgoings for CapEx projects may have swallowed up some of those monies?

We made a loss last season. We may well make a loss this season, or at least see a negative cashflow.

I'm not sure where cash to gamble will come from, unless it's from the current, much-maligned directors, but they've given every indication that we need to be self-sustainable going forward.

Here doesn't appear to be anyone else queuing up to fund us.

50 minutes ago, Frankie said:

I have seen conspiracies about fitness department cuts and software being used instead, questions about capable medical staff leaving, players talking about a lack of pre-season and much more but there is clearly an issue somewhere.

The pre-season issue is huge. We're suffering from that. It's also not helped that a few of our players seem to have fallen off a cliff in regards fitness. I fear we have seen the best of Tav and Lindstrom. They look a shadow of the players they were last season, and in Tav's case, every season since he's arrived.

52 minutes ago, Frankie said:

Replacing a board and key investors isn't something easily done but they cannot be immune from criticism and I'm surprised we have heard nothing from Stewart Robertson in recent days.

The RIFC board do need to come out with something. At least when Murray was in charge, he'd always have a soundbite available as to where the club was going. They're too quiet.

I'm not sure how much decision making power Robertson actually has, and whether the real power is further up the tree, as it was with Murray. I've seen a lot of people calling for us to get rid, but I'm no sure what that'll achieve.

Well done Frankie.

I noted the run of results throughout the Club's various teams also and had intended to write something about an unacceptable situation.

The magnitude of the situation and the necessary conclusions to be drawn put me off.

It had to be done.

17 minutes ago, Bluedell said:

We made a loss last season. We may well make a loss this season, or at least see a negative cashflow.

I'm not sure where cash to gamble will come from, unless it's from the current, much-maligned directors, but they've given every indication that we need to be self-sustainable going forward.

Here doesn't appear to be anyone else queuing up to fund us.

Yes, I find the board must go stuff difficult to square.

Criticism is fine but if we've only got a fiver to spend then I'd rather we only spend that fiver myself. I guess it's how we're spending it that's the problem.

30 minutes ago, Sutton_blows_goats said:

if that's the case after selling Bassey for 20 odd million, Aribo for 6, Itten for 2 and making the group stage of the CL - we are in big trouble.

Hopefully it will be a profit, if we don't have other one-off costs coming out the woodwork, but could be a negative cash flow.

Many years back an old timer used to sit next to me in the stand performances were awful and with five minutes left he would give me a nudge and say the stuffs not there and he was correct now these times are back the club is in a free fall from top to bottom we don’t have money we don’t have the players th deliver entertaining winning football and I don’t have any faith in the coaching and scouting setup I don’t know the answer och well it won’t be long to Cheltenham 

Excellent assessment and the only thing I disagree with @Frankie is your surprise at the hind and go seek champion hasn't made an appearance or statement.

I was speaking to an old Bear after Sunday who said we are weak, timid, slow, turgid and unfit. Those adjectives apply both on the pitch and in the Boardroom.

8 minutes ago, CammyF said:

I was speaking to an old Bear after Sunday who said we are weak, timid, slow, turgid and unfit. Those adjectives apply both on the pitch and in the Boardroom.

I don’t know about the Boardroom but it’s an accurate description of the team’s play. I was expecting Tillman to ask the celtic defenders if they were ready yet and would it be ok to kick the ball towards their goal.