[FT] Hibernian 1 - 4 Rangers (Tavernier 12pen; Colak 34, 58; Sakala 53)

Their goal apart thought Raskin had a decent tidy game.

Cantwell was excellent, hopefully Lowry can learn a thing or 2 by watching his movement and ground covered when not in possession.

Tav had a shaky start but overall did well as did Kent, Colak, Sakala.

Borna almost caught out with a quick free kick, unlike him 😜

Jack was just superb, hope he stays fit for the remainder of the season.

I was a little worried (even though 4-1 up) when Beale made wholesale changes with 15 mins to go but all 5 subs fitted in well and kept us on the front foot.

Overall a really good performance.

I'm still amazed that so many wanted Jack punted. 

For me, he's still our best (deep-lying) midfielder. 

(I know he's injured for spells, but he still appears for 25-30 games a season.)

If he can prove his fitness between now and May, Jack should be given a new contract, no doubt about it but we need to have more strength in depth there.

I think Gilmour would be the ideal signing to compete for that role alongside Jack.

Really was a good all round performance last night. A poor start but that seem to inspire us into a display of passion, hard work and tempo - all too often this season.

We've won a watch with Cantwell who has surprised me with his work off the ball. He's very slight but isn't afraid to get stuck in and looks like he could be useful in deeper or forward areas.  I would like to see more of the latter but he's working well as a slightly more offensive 8 at the moment.

Raskin is also really useful: always looking to move the ball quickly and directly but usually positionally sound as well.  He perhaps does switch off now and again in defensive areas but I think that will improve.  He and Jack certainly work well together.

Thought Barisic was again outstanding last night. It's not going to be easy for Yilmaz to get into the side.

All things considered, a positive evening but this has to be the normal standard; not the exception to the rule.

Colaks goals return is incredible really, the most Morelos has scored in the league is 17, Colak is already on 13 despite missing a large amount of games.

Agree with Jack too, needs to stay. I also would like McGregor to be a part of the dressing room. Reserve player/coach role of need be. We need to retain Scottish identity and we need players who understand what it should mean to play for Rangers.

3 hours ago, Frankie said:

If he can prove his fitness between now and May, Jack should be given a new contract, no doubt about it but we need to have more strength in depth there.

I think Gilmour would be the ideal signing to compete for that role alongside Jack.

We surely don't have the finance to do that, do we ?

6 minutes ago, craig said:

We surely don't have the finance to do that, do we ?

On a permanent deal, almost certainly not but although he's injured at the moment, I remain unconvinced he'll become a regular at Brighton so a loan deal may be possible in the summer.