[FT] Rangers 3 (Goldson 42; Nolan 58 o.g.; Arfield 88) - 0 Raith Rovers

For clarity, I am all for freedom of expression too - just because I don't like what you say doesnt mean you shouldnt be able to say it.

My point, in the main, was that it appears to me that they were being disingenuous by highlighting the Ross Wilson flag, in essence they were suggesting that the banner ban was because the club didnt like the anti-club (Wilson) banner, but didnt tell the whole story.

It could be that it was confiscated, sure - but then they could also have just told that part of the story.  But their statement really just showed the Wilson banner and left it to people to conclude themselves.

The UB, AND the Club, have been economical with the truth in this instance IMHO.  And for some reason I am completely unsurprised as we seem to continually lurch from one issue to another without any real direction, guidance, collaboration or united front.

All rather depressing

Just now, craig said:

You definitely do ;)

Which I'm OK with. 

They'll never be everyone's cup of tea and they've made some errors of judgement but Ibrox, and away grounds, are poorer without them.

The wider Rangers support have shown their "dislike" for the UBs and again, that's their perogative.

However, the board have made errors of judgement and this latest one may result in growing support for the UBs.

This board respond to criticism the same way Sir Moonbeams did, but cracking down on it and those responsible for it.

I'll continue to support UBs and any other "fan group" who attempt to improve the match day experience. 

3 hours ago, CammyF said:

Ibrox, and away grounds, are poorer without them.

Disagree about away grounds.  The Rangers away support was terrific throughout the 90s and 00s (presumably before that too).  

33 minutes ago, Gonzo79 said:

Disagree about away grounds.  The Rangers away support was terrific throughout the 90s and 00s (presumably before that too).  

The away support since I started going in 1983 have been fantastic but I think the UBs add to the away support. 

I'd rather be able to buy an away season ticket than a home one if I'm honest.

9 minutes ago, CammyF said:

I'd rather be able to buy an away season ticket than a home one if I'm honest.

I know what you mean.  There were a couple of seasons, around 20 years ago, where I attended Ibrox only a handful of times but only missed a couple of away matches.  

On 14/03/2023 at 20:17, CammyF said:

How is it timmish? 

Wearing pretendy uniforms - timmish.

Wearing full face balaclavas - timmish.

Taking a non-football political grievance to the match - timmish.

Not entering the ground to watch your team play - timmish.

Criticising the Board isn’t timmish. That’s universal. 

You’re well entitled to your opinion, CF. I wouldn’t try to change it but there is a different perception of UB activity.

8 minutes ago, Scott7 said:

Wearing pretendy uniforms - timmish.

Wearing full face balaclavas - timmish.

Taking a non-football political grievance to the match - timmish.

Not entering the ground to watch your team play - timmish.

Criticising the Board isn’t timmish. That’s universal. 

You’re well entitled to your opinion, CF. I wouldn’t try to change it but there is a different perception of UB activity.

But the UBs were around before rhe GB so anything / everything the GB is copying the UBs not the other way around. 

And its not as if Rangers fans have never indulged in "non-football political grievance" prior to UBs - we've been singing about the Ulster conflict for decades. 

Boycots / not entering ground to watch your team play -  been plenty of that at Ibrox for decades as well (early 80s and when spivs were in control). Was it timmish then?

Pretendy uniforms? Always a fashion trend that fans will wear / adopt- nothing new there and nothing timmish about it - it happens 

But hey, if you want to brand certain fans as "timmish", wire in.

There's probably far too much of this at Rangers ... fans pouring scorn on fans, fans condemning directors, directors criticising fans, Club1872 feuding with the board, the board cold shouldering Club1872. You might think we don't have a common enemy.