Time for a change demo yesterday

2 hours ago, CammyF said:

All good points but are Wilson and Robertson the best available for their positions? I'm 50/50 on Wilson but think we need better than Robertson.

Aren't the RIFC board responsible for ensuring we have "best in class" working for Rangers, especially those on substantial salaries?

As well as finance and playing model, they are also responsible for the omi-shambles that is ticketing, PR, fan matchday experience, communications, stadium development and upkeep, catering etc, all of which are a complete shambles (and have been for years). 

How do you (generally, not you specifically Cammy) know what Robertson does and what his remit is ?

"Best in class" has to be relative.  We can't compete with European giants or even with English Championship clubs - so best in class would have to be in Scotland I guess - and I don't think there is too much suggesting that we havent done that.  Wilson and the management managed to win us 55 and got to a European final.  That is significant improvement from where we were when Wilson came in.  

They ARE responsible for a number of omni-shambles at the Club, but I believe they do deserve the time to be able to do so - they inherited a carcass of a club thanks to Green and his cohorts - that will take time and money to resolve - they front-loaded cash to the squad to prevent 10 IAR - so need to focus on those other failings now.  Edmiston House gets slated by a number of our fanbase because we have spent money there instead of on the playing squad - but if EH can produce the expected 1 mill a year profit then it not only pays for itself but offers an additional revenue stream for growth in the playing squad.

How much time do they need / deserve?

Most of the issues I've mentioned are longstanding but easy to fix. 

How many fit for purpose ticketing sited are in the UK? Easy to speak to one of them, get the HW and SW required and get it operational.

Catering - bring it back in-house and be responsible for it being best in class. Or go to a decent partner, one who cares about customers and is willing to invest rather than seeing it ad a cash-cow.

Toilets - buy some locks, some soap and hand-towels. Ensure the Police and Stewards are doing their jobs and ensure soap.and hand towels are replenished on regular basis. 

If someone has purchased a one off match ticket for a ST seat, move them NOT the ST holder. 

None of the above is rocket science. 

Just now, CammyF said:

How much time do they need / deserve?

Most of the issues I've mentioned are longstanding but easy to fix. 

How many fit for purpose ticketing sited are in the UK? Easy to speak to one of them, get the HW and SW required and get it operational.

Catering - bring it back in-house and be responsible for it being best in class. Or go to a decent partner, one who cares about customers and is willing to invest rather than seeing it ad a cash-cow.

Toilets - buy some locks, some soap and hand-towels. Ensure the Police and Stewards are doing their jobs and ensure soap.and hand towels are replenished on regular basis. 

If someone has purchased a one off match ticket for a ST seat, move them NOT the ST holder. 

None of the above is rocket science. 

Well, given the front-loading of cash on the playing squad to deny 10IAR, and the fact they converted many millions of loans to equity, I would give them more than the season and a half since 55.

Those issues you talk of may be easy to fix, but they aren't necessarily going to be cheap.  And they won't all be getting done at the same time.  And they do require funding.

We complain about all these things, rightly so - but they are starting on the disabled facilities this summer, which many of us have complained about for years - so they deserve credit for that.

1.  They got rid of Green and Co

2.  They piled many millions into the club from their own pockets

3.  They delivered 55

4.  They got us to a European final

5.  They have done some significant improvements to Ibrox

6.  They have made significant improvements at Auchenhowie (from first team facilities all the way through to the Academy)

7.  They have built Edmiston House which, hopefully, adds an additional profit stream to the club which helps the self-sustaining model

8.  They have committed to improving the disabled facilities and have already announced when works will start on that

I am sure there are more.  But yet we often give little credit for these things and look solely to the negative.

We complain about not spending enough money on the playing squad but then moan when they sign up to the Sydney Cup that would have brought revenue into the club (yeah, it was controversial and an own goal) - we want our cake and to eat it too.

How many people have complained about the toilets and the drug use in them ?  The Police and stewards shouldnt need to be told how to do their jobs - the club pay them to do their jobs and the responsibility should be on them to do so - can't sack the police but can make them accountable.  Can sack the stewarding company but would you get better elsewhere - and how do we know the club havent been making those complaints ?

Sure, soap and hand towels are basic expectations and should be sorted.  And not that this makes it any better but i saw a video from fans of one of the richest clubs in world football last week (Man Utd) where their toilets literally had an inch of piss running through it and the club have been informed and still do nothing.  Easy fix, admittedly though.

Catering has been changed and has improved from what I have heard - only recently changed so probably needs time to be bedded in.  They had fans form part of a tasting group for this - so they clearly are TRYING.

Ticketing - as BD says, the club is already investigating this.

Seems to me that a few of the "omni shambles" you talk of the club are already aware of and have started the process of looking into them.  And there is little point rushing to do these things rather than taking the time to get them right.

10 minutes ago, craig said:

Well, given the front-loading of cash on the playing squad to deny 10IAR, and the fact they converted many millions of loans to equity, I would give them more than the season and a half since 55.

Those issues you talk of may be easy to fix, but they aren't necessarily going to be cheap.  And they won't all be getting done at the same time.  And they do require funding.

We complain about all these things, rightly so - but they are starting on the disabled facilities this summer, which many of us have complained about for years - so they deserve credit for that.

1.  They got rid of Green and Co

2.  They piled many millions into the club from their own pockets

3.  They delivered 55

4.  They got us to a European final

5.  They have done some significant improvements to Ibrox

6.  They have made significant improvements at Auchenhowie (from first team facilities all the way through to the Academy)

7.  They have built Edmiston House which, hopefully, adds an additional profit stream to the club which helps the self-sustaining model

8.  They have committed to improving the disabled facilities and have already announced when works will start on that

I am sure there are more.  But yet we often give little credit for these things and look solely to the negative.

We complain about not spending enough money on the playing squad but then moan when they sign up to the Sydney Cup that would have brought revenue into the club (yeah, it was controversial and an own goal) - we want our cake and to eat it too.

How many people have complained about the toilets and the drug use in them ?  The Police and stewards shouldnt need to be told how to do their jobs - the club pay them to do their jobs and the responsibility should be on them to do so - can't sack the police but can make them accountable.  Can sack the stewarding company but would you get better elsewhere - and how do we know the club havent been making those complaints ?

Sure, soap and hand towels are basic expectations and should be sorted.  And not that this makes it any better but i saw a video from fans of one of the richest clubs in world football last week (Man Utd) where their toilets literally had an inch of piss running through it and the club have been informed and still do nothing.  Easy fix, admittedly though.

Catering has been changed and has improved from what I have heard - only recently changed so probably needs time to be bedded in.  They had fans form part of a tasting group for this - so they clearly are TRYING.

Ticketing - as BD says, the club is already investigating this.

Seems to me that a few of the "omni shambles" you talk of the club are already aware of and have started the process of looking into them.  And there is little point rushing to do these things rather than taking the time to get them right.

How do I know the club aren't making the complaints? I don't, as they NEVER tell the fans anything.

I assume they aren't as the situation hasn't changed / improved.

How do I explain to a 12 year old that he can't use a cubicle as someone is using it to take drugs? Or he can't get near the urinals as everyone else in the toilets is smoking?

When he wants food at Ibrox, he can't as there are no hotdogs and all that's left is a stone-cold pie that looks like its been reheated 12 times? Catering has NOT improved and tasting sessions were for food that ISNT available at the kiosks. 

Rangers can't sack the Police but it's there responsibility to ensure that the toilets are being used correctly and not for smoking / drug taking. It is also their responsibility for the toilets being clean with the necessary soap and hand-towels.

How many new ticketing systems have we had? None have worked. How hard or expansive can it be to get one that works given we are throwing sticking plasters over it? How long does it take to install it?  

It's basics and shouldn't be ignored no matter how much good the board has done. That's their job, that's their responsibility.

14 minutes ago, CammyF said:

How do I know the club aren't making the complaints? I don't, as they NEVER tell the fans anything.

I assume they aren't as the situation hasn't changed / improved.

How do I explain to a 12 year old that he can't use a cubicle as someone is using it to take drugs? Or he can't get near the urinals as everyone else in the toilets is smoking?

When he wants food at Ibrox, he can't as there are no hotdogs and all that's left is a stone-cold pie that looks like its been reheated 12 times? Catering has NOT improved and tasting sessions were for food that ISNT available at the kiosks. 

Rangers can't sack the Police but it's there responsibility to ensure that the toilets are being used correctly and not for smoking / drug taking. It is also their responsibility for the toilets being clean with the necessary soap and hand-towels.

How many new ticketing systems have we had? None have worked. How hard or expansive can it be to get one that works given we are throwing sticking plasters over it? How long does it take to install it?  

It's basics and shouldn't be ignored no matter how much good the board has done. That's their job, that's their responsibility.

You won't hear me disagree about your son's experience - NOBODY, regardless of age but even worse for a youngster - should be subjected to that.  And, yes, the Club are ultimately responsible - however, a) are people raising the issue with stewards and/or police b) are police/stewards then ignoring or dealing with it and c) I would contend that the Police/stewards should be the ones taking much of the flak for that as they are engaged to take care of such matters on match days.  Club should definitely have locks on stalls (how long till some a*hole decides to be destructive and rip them off anyway ??).

As I said, the catering has only recently changed and will take time for them to get up to speed - though I may be generous in giving them the benefit of the doubt.

Re ticketing... we have had multiple systems, none of which have been fit for purpose - but surely that tells you that it is harder than you think to get one that works well - or we are just piss poor at undertaking RFP's (Request For Proposals) and deciding what systems to use.  Not sure you can say with certainty we are "throwing sticking plasters over it" - could just as easily be that the club have made assessments and have chosen what they thought was the best ticketing service/system - only for it to not be.  These things happen (more than you think) in the Corporate world - my company, for example, have just built an in-house system for a branch of our insurance product - which is the FOURTH such produt - each time we thought we were buying "best in class" only to find out that they over-promised and under-delivered.

You say it shouldnt be ignored - but you have mentioned food (they have already made improvements there), ticketing (they have already said they are investigating this) and the toilets (who knows) - plus we have complained about disabled facilities over the years (work starting in the summer) - so I am not so sure you can categorically state these things are being ignored when the Club have already either shown, or made commitment statements, that many of these things are being looked at.

2 minutes ago, Sutton_blows_goats said:

I believe this is a massive part of the problem. Even when they do tell the fans thing sometimes its not conveyed in the right way.

And it also gets received, by some sections, with skepticism and disbelief - sometimes you can see why they don't communicate - not that I am in agreement with lack of communication.  But I can see why they do sometimes act that way.

There is also much in-fighting between factions between current Board and King/C1872 - no matter what the Board say or do the King/C1872 faction will find fault with it.

We won 55, made a Euro final and yet still we are a parody - and, worse, the parody is at the custodial level of the club, where it really needs to not be.

45 minutes ago, CammyF said:

Rangers can't sack the Police but it's there responsibility to ensure that the toilets are being used correctly and not for smoking / drug taking.

And yet Rangers get criticised by many for trying to get the police onside by removing anti-police banners.