Time for a change demo yesterday

1 hour ago, CammyF said:

Has always been the same surely?

What did the futile protests both in print and outside Ibrox against David Murray achieve? Absolutely nothing (apart from abuse thrown at me and others involved from all angles).

The Sons of Stuth and general support protests against the Spivs was successful as it highlighted the need for change and thankfully King, Park and others answered the call for help.

Rangers fans don't tend to do public protests, they just stop showing up at games (early to mid-80s and Spivs reign as a couple of examples).

I think that's a shaky comparison but they have every right to futile and misguided protest.

Regarding what goes on in the toilets, it's obvious the stewards, Police and the club prefer to turn a blind eye to it.  I find it odd the Police are so blasé about it.

Just make sure you don't need a number two at the match.  😀

20 minutes ago, craig said:

You won't hear me disagree about your son's experience - NOBODY, regardless of age but even worse for a youngster - should be subjected to that.  And, yes, the Club are ultimately responsible - however, a) are people raising the issue with stewards and/or police b) are police/stewards then ignoring or dealing with it and c) I would contend that the Police/stewards should be the ones taking much of the flak for that as they are engaged to take care of such matters on match days.  Club should definitely have locks on stalls (how long till some a*hole decides to be destructive and rip them off anyway ??).

As I said, the catering has only recently changed and will take time for them to get up to speed - though I may be generous in giving them the benefit of the doubt.

Re ticketing... we have had multiple systems, none of which have been fit for purpose - but surely that tells you that it is harder than you think to get one that works well - or we are just piss poor at undertaking RFP's (Request For Proposals) and deciding what systems to use.  Not sure you can say with certainty we are "throwing sticking plasters over it" - could just as easily be that the club have made assessments and have chosen what they thought was the best ticketing service/system - only for it to not be.  These things happen (more than you think) in the Corporate world - my company, for example, have just built an in-house system for a branch of our insurance product - which is the FOURTH such produt - each time we thought we were buying "best in class" only to find out that they over-promised and under-delivered.

You say it shouldnt be ignored - but you have mentioned food (they have already made improvements there), ticketing (they have already said they are investigating this) and the toilets (who knows) - plus we have complained about disabled facilities over the years (work starting in the summer) - so I am not so sure you can categorically state these things are being ignored when the Club have already either shown, or made commitment statements, that many of these things are being looked at.

But things don't change - hopefully the long-awaited upgrade to disabled facilities are followed through and are "best in class".

I go to gigs alot, I use a few ticketing websites and have never experienced an issue. I purchase my ticket(s), they are delivered, I go to gig and have never had anyone sitting in my seat (in seared venues).

Improvement in catering is subjective. I've not noticed any improvement but admittedly only use it if I have my son(s) with me. We now use the vans outside the stadium as these are cheaper and offer better quality food (I can't believe I'm typing that). 

As @Sutton_blows_goats says communication is the root of most of fans issues, we get the initial "bluster" from the board, then hear nothing for months/years. We just have to assume that the wheels are in motion. There is no accountability. 

Take Park's response to be questioned on our business plan at AGM. "To win as many trophies as possible". Fine, so is that 1 per season? 2 per season? A SPL title every 10 years? 

What plans have been put in place to ensure we win as many trophies as possible? What are the plans for raising further finance to help achieve these goals? How is success measured and who is accountable for this?

Another issue was when Robertson and Wilson stated monies from European runs and player sales were to be used to develop the squad, then they werent. The CL riches were heralded then suddenly "poo-poo'ed" by Robertson who said our EL run got us more?

Robertson then stated that CL money wasn't as much as being reported and said we didn't have money sloshing around in the bank (the day after UEFA had deposited our initial circa £13M CL money). 

The boards communication is horrendous, it's patronising and more worringly, it's often contradictory. 

11 minutes ago, Bluedell said:

And yet Rangers get criticised by many for trying to get the police onside by removing anti-police banners. 

Think you've misunderstood me. It's Rangers responsibility to ensure the toilets are fit for purpose. 

Maybe Robertson should try using the toilets in Broomie on a matchday, see what his impressions are. I'm sure he wouldn't want his kids or young relations using them.

You can't even wash and dry your hands - that's NOTHING to do with Police.

18 minutes ago, Bill said:

I think that's a shaky comparison but they have every right to futile and misguided protest.

It maybe is but at the start of the SDM protests, it was a tiny minority of fans who were protesting. The vast majority of fans were "pro-Murray" or at least skeptical of the protesters and their beliefs the SDM was killing the club. 

I can't remember a "mass" anti-Murray protest akin to the display on Saturday. I remember a few Murray out banners at away games but those were always removed.

The protests against Murray were futile but were proven not to be misguided. 

The current board are Murray-esque in their response to protests, but don't have the spin of Sir Moonbeams and off course, are not on course to kill the club. However, they shouldn't be above being held accountable. 

Edited by CammyF

54 minutes ago, craig said:

could just as easily be that the club have made assessments and have chosen what they thought was the best ticketing service/system - only for it to not be.  These things happen (more than you think) in the Corporate world

By God, yes.

8 minutes ago, CammyF said:

It maybe is but at the start of the SDM protests, it was a tiny minority of fans who were protesting. The vast majority of fans were "pro-Murray" or at least skeptical of the protesters and their beliefs the SDM was killing the club. 

I can't remember a "mass" anti-Murray protest akin to the display on Saturday. I remember a few Murray out banners at away games but those were always removed.

The protests against Murray were futile but were proven not to be misguided. 

The current board are Murray-esque in their response to protests, but don't have the spin of Sir Moonbeams and off course, are not on course to kill the club. However, they shouldn't be above being held accountable. 

Like I said, I'm all for freedom to protest but I also believe in fighting battles you can win and pursuing causes that will actually benefit the club. Protests by people who can't handle their disappointment don't appeal to me.

24 minutes ago, CammyF said:

Think you've misunderstood me. It's Rangers responsibility to ensure the toilets are fit for purpose. 

Maybe Robertson should try using the toilets in Broomie on a matchday, see what his impressions are. I'm sure he wouldn't want his kids or young relations using them.

You can't even wash and dry your hands - that's NOTHING to do with Police.

I was referring to the drug and smoking part of your post. Rangers need help from the police on that.

I'd agree with you on your other toilet points.

4 minutes ago, Bill said:

Like I said, I'm all for freedom to protest but I also believe in fighting battles you can win and pursuing causes that will actually benefit the club. Protests by people who can't handle their disappointment don't appeal to me.

And that's fine off course. 

Protesting against SDM wasn't a winable battle, but sometimes you've got to fight for what you believe in, no matter how many people are telling you that you are wrong. 

History showed the few who questioned and exposed SDM were correct, but off course it was too late and the rest is history. 

As I've said, I'm not comparing this board to SDM, but there are issues within the club that some fansbare feeling the need to protest - I for one see no issue with it. 

2 hours ago, CammyF said:

And that's fine off course. 

Protesting against SDM wasn't a winable battle, but sometimes you've got to fight for what you believe in, no matter how many people are telling you that you are wrong. 

History showed the few who questioned and exposed SDM were correct, but off course it was too late and the rest is history. 

As I've said, I'm not comparing this board to SDM, but there are issues within the club that some fansbare feeling the need to protest - I for one see no issue with it. 

Not that it was the case here.... but what if you ARE wrong, and force good people from the club ?

How much has John Bennett personally put into the club yet one Gersnet member in particular (who no longer posts) basically attempted to prevent Bennett from investing, even so far as to contact Bennett's employers 🙄