Summer Signings

5 minutes ago, Bill said:

Seriously, you'd keep Kamara, Matondo and Wright? And spend 5 or 6 million on Tillman?

I still like Kamara - and he's still got a few years left on his contract, so he's still got sell-on value. I'd sell if there's an offer. 

Matondo has just arrived. It's still too early to write him off. 

Wright I would sell if there's an option. He's not a bad squad player, though. Does he not could as home-grown in Europe, too?

I would absolutely spend £5M on Tillman. No-brainer. 

2 minutes ago, Rousseau said:

I still like Kamara - and he's still got a few years left on his contract, so he's still got sell-on value. I'd sell if there's an offer. 

Wright I would sell if there's an option. He's not a bad squad player, though. Does he not could as home-grown in Europe, too?

You're off your head.  🤣

1 minute ago, Rousseau said:

I still like Kamara - and he's still got a few years left on his contract.

I quite like Kamara too, it's only his feckless football that I object to.

Matondo hasn't just arrived, he's been here all season and has contributed nothing, especially on the very few occasions he's made it on to the pitch.

I'm not so keen to jump on the Tillman bandwagon. He's often been excellent against lesser teams but has done almost nothing against Celtic or in Europe. £5m seems a lot when we need so many players and have so little money.

2 minutes ago, Bill said:

I quite like Kamara too, it's only his feckless football that I object to.

Matondo hasn't just arrived, he's been here all season and has contributed nothing, especially on the very few occasions he's made it on to the pitch.

I'm not so keen to jump on the Tillman bandwagon. He's often been excellent against lesser teams but has done almost nothing against Celtic or in Europe. £5m seems a lot when we need so many players and have so little money.

They're on quite long contracts. It would be expensive - and f*cking mental - to pay them off - after only a few months in Tamundo's case.

Even if we only get a couple of million, it's still a profit - in Kamara's case. 

I'd still give Tamundo another season, with a full pre-season under MB.

We can agree to disagree on Tillman. 

Just now, Rousseau said:

They're on quite long contracts. It would be expensive - and f*cking mental - to pay them off - after only a few months in Tamundo's case.

Why pay off someone you sell.

8 minutes ago, Gonzo79 said:

All of them, although mainly Kamara and Wright.

Like I said elsewhere, Kamara's on quite a long contract. Why would you pay him off when he only cost 50k and we should be turning a profit on him? (Again: he should have been sold 2 years ago.)

Wright mainly as a squad player and homegrown option in Europe. Sell if there's an offer.

I don't think that's unreasonable.

5 minutes ago, Bill said:

Why pay off someone you sell.

I assumed you thought they should be payed off, as I did mention they should be sold, if there's an offer. 

(In Kamara's case, I still like him, that's why I'd keep him - but would definitely sell if there's an offer. Wright to fill the homegrown quota. Again, sell if there's an offer.)

What are we arguing about?

4 minutes ago, Rousseau said:

Kamara's on quite a long contract. Why would you pay him off when he only cost 50k and we should be turning a profit on him?

I wouldn't pay Kamara off.  My post about paying players off referred to perma-crocks.