Summer Signings

7 minutes ago, Rousseau said:

I still remain hopeful Lewis Mayo can step up to be a back-up CB. 

He's played over 20 games for Kilmarnock this season. 

I've been saying that for about three years, though... :D 

I watched a few minutes of their first half vs Septic on Sunday and he was all at sea for their third I think, caught under the ball.   Perhaps unfair to judge him based on that, but looked average.

I fully understand our recovery process is still incomplete but 7 years after we returned to the top flight and with a European final under our belt it's hard to believe how few players we have who are capable of sustaining a decent run of form. Perhaps Goldson, Jack, Cantwell and Raskin have an air of dependability, albeit the last two have only recently joined the club.

It's a lottery with the rest whether they blow hot or cold from week to week. Tavernier, Barisic, Lundstram, Kamara, Davies, Souttar, Kent, Morelos, Wright all fall into this random category. I'm not sure where to place Sakala, Hagi and Tillman but add McGregor and Davis who are now way past their use by date and the current squad is a horror show. 

Edited by Bill

3 hours ago, Rousseau said:

I still remain hopeful Lewis Mayo can step up to be a back-up CB. 

He's played over 20 games for Kilmarnock this season. 

I've been saying that for about three years, though... :D 

A bit like Stephen Kelly, Mayo looks capable of having a top flight career in Scotland but is not ready for Rangers first team. Mayo is 23 now, I expect a nominal sum transfer to Kilmarnock, or someone similar, with a big sell-on percentage will be the outcome. 

3 hours ago, Rousseau said:

Death, taxes and @stewarty and @JohnMc shutting me down when I mention I like a youngster...

Sad A Christmas Story GIF by filmeditor

Take comfort in Albert Einstein's words about playing youngsters in the first XI ..... 

"Three great forces rule the world: stupidity, fear and greed”.